• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grundius - They're quite thin but it's not been a problem yet. MP of 17K, Supportable is 35K and I have 24K.

Soarom - HOP can stand against anything :D

Chief Ragusa - Cephallonia are Orthodox. One of the new allies will probably prove just as incompetent and provide entertainment.

GrimPagan - You could well be right there. But since it was only against Lithuanians I wouldn't call it friendly fire.

Deus - It could well just be a trick on their part but the security it provides me is very handy.

CSK - Exactly, it was getting very annoying to have +9 RR when I was doing nothing. BTW congrats on your fan of the week award.

Last edited:
Duke of Wellington said:
Chief Ragusa - Cephallonia are Orthodox.

Cephallonia's rulers are Catholic in the MyMap version I'm using. Provinces are Orthodox though.

Hopefully, you won't be caught on the HOP and it is not Suleiyman the Smelly's ploy to build forces in Constantinople and then break his access and declare war on you in the same breath.

Are the Ottomans going to be converted! :eek:

Deus said:
DoW-s game is faulty, The Ottomans want to get clean? Where is this world going to? This is confusing. What next, Venice becomes the 2nd tidiest place on the planet? :rolleyes:

Oh-MY-GOOOOOOD :D

Of course! It is all a master plan. Theodoras dumps hundreds of thousands of pounds of bubble bath soap into the canals of Venice causing the bubbles to overrun Venice thus resulting in the 2nd tidiest place ever.

Also why not add E to the alliance name by saying the Hygienic Orthodox Partnership for Eternity. :D

Chief Ragusa said:
Cephallonia's rulers are Catholic in the MyMap version I'm using. Provinces are Orthodox though.

Hopefully, you won't be caught on the HOP and it is not Suleiyman the Smelly's ploy to build forces in Constantinople and then break his access and declare war on you in the same breath.

Perhaps Cephallonia starts out with Catholic rulers at the beginning of the game, but DoW's version is a released/revolted state?

Chief Ragusa - I hope his plan differs. The rulers are Orthodox in mine, must just be the different versions we are using? MyMap 1.51 is what I'm on.

stnylan - That would be one big ask.

billy bob - Good thinking billy bob, you are hereby awarded entry to the Order of the Cleansed.

Grundius - They aren't a revolter, it must just be differing versions.

Yes, a different version, I'm using 1.64 Gold 2.

I'm pleaed to learn that the ships now loger sink and the sailors are allowed to bathe in comfort.

May I urge King Alexander Palaeologus to campaign for unity, at Ottoman expense

5-header.png
Chapter 13 - A Golden Age
5-header.png

fireworks.jpg

Oooh, aaahhhh
When we return to the spiffiest not yet big nation beside the Black seaside we find her in the midst of some hearty celebrations. Alexander, now approaching ninety years of age, has been ruling with a clean fist for sixty years and showing no signs of slowing down.
Everyone is in high spirits for the beloved monarch who for most is the only they've known.
foamparty.jpg

Giant public bubble baths are set-up for the jubilee party

After a full sixty days the celebrations sadly came to a close and everyone returned to work making wine, soap or shampoo (or in the case of the highly skilled, conditioner). Not that that was really a bad thing for if the Theodorans were proud of one thing it was their dedication to and belief in the righteousness of their work.

One part of society that hadn't taken a break for Alexanders jubilee were the fashion scientists. They announced their new discovery to Alexander in spring 1534. It was a dashing new uniform based on Archimedes lesser known 'If you've got it, flaunt it' theory. To top it off the helmet was a revolutionary design that allowed the hair to breath thus keeping the roots much healthier when in full battle gear.
59-newuniforms.png

The wonderful new uniforms for Theodoran troops

Meanwhile Alexander set about the routine business of establishing soap merchants throughout Europe's key cities. It was becoming a very lucrative trade for the not yet big nation bringing in as much money as all the taxes upon the population combined.

With riches flowing in and some of the best dressed soldiers in Europe it was no surprise that Cephallonia accepted the offer to become closer friends as soon as Alexander proposed it.
60-cephallonia.png

A willing vassal this time

Alexander was needless to say very pleased with this progress, he therefore immediately set about trying to get Kakheti into the same arrangement. Unfortunately the Georgians not being enlightened like the Greeks placed less importance upon cleanliness. Therefore the offers of vassalisation were rejected for a full two years. Then in 1539 a sudden change of heart occurred and they accepted. No one knew the cause but none in Theodoros complained, this was a happy time as it meant for people to convert to the ranks of the cleansed.
61-KAKHETI.png

Another nation embraces cleanliness fully.

Methinks I have noticed a certain theme of DoWs AARs - the continued desire for economic export be it hygeine products or BerkerKhans ;)

Duke of Wellington said:
It was a dashing new uniform based on Archimedes lesser known 'If you've got it, flaunt it' theory. To top it off the helmet was a revolutionary design that allowed the hair to breath thus keeping the roots much healthier when in full battle gear.

:rofl:

Perhaps instead of the Hygienic Orthodox Partnership or the Hygienic Orthodox Partnership for Eternity, we could call it the Sanitary and Hygienic Orthodox Partnership. Not only a catchy acronym, but also useful as a subliminal message :D

Congrats on your ACA, DoW! Haven't commented much lately, but did want to let you know I'm still reading and enjoying.

Vann