• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
it would inevitably prioritize techs and the teams to research them differently from what you would have personally liked and then there's be complaints that omg research sucks why ever would the ai make ig farben research land doctrines. no, research should remain in the realm of what we control ourselves.

How is research tedious? You set it every few months and then you wait for it to finish. The only hard part is deciding what to research in order to get efficient researching.

Ahahahaha
ya research is to much micromanagment
why not let the AI control my units? i could watch a movie while it looses

Tedious? Pain in the ass? For me, one of the best things in HOI1 was the research section. The way it allowed you to customize your forces was excellent. Must admit I was a tad disappointed when HOI2 was released and discovered that research had been "simplified" so much. Who else remembers the Panther 85mm from HOI1? :)

:eek:o yeah, no offense but this is a weak complaint. :wacko:

The research system is extremely easy to use.

Never played HOI one, so can't add much to that.

J_Calvert said:
Tedious? Pain in the ass? For me, one of the best things in HOI1 was the research section. The way it allowed you to customize your forces was excellent. Must admit I was a tad disappointed when HOI2 was released and discovered that research had been "simplified" so much. Who else remembers the Panther 85mm from HOI1? :)

me to I loved the old HOI tech trees,the tech teams are o.k.,I hope that HOI 3 that they rethinks it a bit and maybe Hybred between the two.. :)

Ranger mike said:
You can mod that now.go to the misc file and reduce the penitaly for tech rushing... ;)

That's not as fun as it sounds. At the time I was researching Improved carrier, I was getting nuked by Germany. I'm the U.S. :eek:

corner_mcloud said:
:eek:o yeah, no offense but this is a weak complaint. :wacko:

The research system is extremely easy to use.

Never played HOI one, so can't add much to that.

HOI was easier,but your right they both are easy.in HOI is was a bit more detailed you didn't just reaeach the light tank,in was broken up in to smaller things like type of chassis,gun mount,tree man turrets..ect.ect..the lumping into one is the thing that make me remeber things of old :) .

CORES tech tree needs some revisions, but for the large part you can have an army totally unique from your foes and/or allies.

Less "bulk-research" would be an improvement. Or reduced research time for tech you've already researched, like the 3-4 different "5cm infantry gun" that's in the research specifics.