+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Koine (1066 Roman Empire and beyond)

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Now that was an amusing battle. I suppose he can console himself that things are unlikely to ever go that pathetically again.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thumbs up

A lot of updates

Good work so far !

This is so anachronistic, I love it.

Is there any place for us readers to download this mod, so we too can enjoy playing this?
    I'm a CheatAAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Janus Rook
    This is so anachronistic, I love it.

Is there any place for us readers to download this mod, so we too can enjoy playing this?
    Yes, see my signature, here for the discussion thread

and here for download (release date late september/early october).

(thank you for the interest)

Since I have limited time and I enjoy playing it, I will play some more years for this AAR!
    Playing Victoria Revolutions and Hoi2: DD

Koiné (1066 Roman Empire and beyond) AAR
    - (ongoing)
    Learn to conquer the world and claim it was self-defence

Roman Empire of Europe and Mediterranean Sea

History
    August 9 1067 - January 19 1068
    Addendum

September 11, 1067
    Leaving the Capital Iulius assign the position of vice-steward of the Empire to Foteine, who have be pressing in the last months about having a role in the court, she is deceitful and proud.

September 5, 1067
    Suddenly, two days after the Spy Master Michael "dies of old age", Iulius is marching to conquer Sicily so he unwilling decide to rearrange the balance of the court powers. Ioannes Xiphilinos from Chancellor is the new Spy Master (his old age is a guarantee of fides), Zoe Maliasenos from Steward is the new Chancellor and Foteine (the Empress) is the new Steward.
    The Byzantine Faction, expression of the still powerful Byzantine aristocracy and bureaucracy in the East, is left out of any relevant position.

September 19, 1067
    Voices of mismanagement of the Imperial Treasury reach Iulius together with an unconfimed anonymous report that someone in the court is preparing a trap against the Emperor, to kill him or to draw him as unfit to govern and command the army.
    Is this mud from the Byzantine Faction or what is true in that?

September 27, 1067
    News from Britannia, rebels are inviting foreign power to intervene, Iulius dispach a messenger with a word for the governor:"OCCIDERE"

- (ongoing)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Seems that Iulius' defeat in Sicily was not only emberassing but dangerous as it has encouraged his enemies. Maybe revenge against Marcus Aurleius for his presumption should be postponed while the true enemies of the empire are dealt with.
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

History
    January 20 1068 - December 9, 1068

January 20 1068
    A new army is directed from Ravenna to Sicily

March 2 1068
    During the siege of the city of Palermo......

and Iulius

June 1 1068
    A break of autority in Hispania.
    Personal frictions in the Jimenez family cause Sancho (Duke of Castilla) to proclaim himself also Duke of Navarra and to pledge directly to the Emperor, he was vassal of Alfonso Jimenez Governor of Hispania Superior.
    Sancho (whose holdings are mainly around Barcellona and Pinenes) wants to attack muslims in the southern Hispania.
    He says:"Sicily is only the first step for a Christian Roman Empire!"

September 23 1068
    Iulius:"Romans of Palermo are again part of us!"

October 9 1068
    A daughter to be married

December 3 1068
    Cumans suddenly sign peace with Hungary and Germany, this break the balance and before pecheneg-romans can intervene the Pecheneg Kingdom lose 2 province to Hungary.

December 9 1068
    Two province of Sicily now under the direct control of the Emperor, and now it's time for Siracusa. Iulius:"At least this Sicily affaire is done..........

December 1068

3 messengers arrive in hurry from far away provinces of the Roman Empire
    (Bad news?.....Good news? Nahhhh)

Last edited by Tprovic; 22-09-2006 at 15:02.

- (ongoing)

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tprovic
    December 1068

3 messengers arrive in hurry from far away provinces of the Roman Empire
    (Bad news?.....Good news? Nahhhh)

Tell us, please tell us!!

Nice update once again...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Three messages? Well, there is an old saying, problems come in threes...
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    My library and My blog

Sweden the snabbmat nation Jacko the Panda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tprovic
    [CENTER][IMG]

Shoo that's my money you are talking about!

A magnificent AAR, with well hidden jokes
    Finland goes bald.
    No more times of trouble nor strife for Finland, for Kekkonen is here again...
    or is to be here again... erm... was to being here again... anyways.

History
    First months of 1069

....Sound of Running Feet......the messenger enter Iulius Palace in Palermo.
    Intrigue and Rebelliousness is spreding in the Roman Empire.

...from the East....bad news sir,
    the Prince of Syria is at odds with the Duke of Damascus (the latter broke his pledge to Syria to directly pledge to the Emperor)

...the Emperor, as catholic, wished to welcome the duke but to keep his direct vassals loyal have to punish Damasco. This make also him rebellious.
    A war may be likely between two strong lords, a catholic and an orthodox, in the East, this with bordering mighty muslims Seljuks, and last but not least raising the risk of a direct confrontation of the two factions of the Empire bureocracy (the catholics of Rome and the orthodox of Byzantium/Constantinopolis)

...from the West....bad news sir,

Assassinations attempts are reported between Castilla and Hispania Superior courts

...from the North....bad news sir,
    ...the young Alain de Cournvaille is the puppet of his mother. She is the local court spymaster and use this to break the vassalage with Britannia and raise Gallia Lugdunensis at an higher prestige appointing the title of Duke of Britanny to her son.

Iulius decide for an appeasement policy, the treasury is used to raise their loyalty to an acceptable level ( over 60%).....

....the reconquest of the remaining rebel provinces in Sicily is temporary halted, while the Emperor deal with the revolt in Theodosiopolis(started in 30-9-1067) to show how energic he can be.

This is the result of the old saying, problems come in threes......
    (Rebeliouss area in red, except for Britanny, in black the secessionist sicilian rebels)

- (ongoing)

Blog Entries
    Ever get the feeling of deja vu?
    My library and My blog

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I like not this news! Bring me some other!

It looks as though keeping together an Empire of this size is going to present problems. For one, you could easily have a situation where trouble springs up in too many places at once to deal with.
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

stnylan Hope you will propose/anticipate me some positive "deja vu" !

VILenin Your words could be the words of a Roman Emperor of the time, or one of his advisors. It's so true! but it's WAD from the mod

- (ongoing)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

So the Empire is strained on many fronts. This would be just the time for someone to fall ill or perhaps go crazy, just to add an additional spice to the already challenging situation
    You can do anything if you want it badly enough. That's why we see so many people who can fly.

Check out my AARs:

The French Century - A Ricky AAR 1836- Ongoing
    Hmm... another Russian AAR? (Finished)
    The Duchy of Pskov 1066- Prematurely ended due to a hard drive crash

History
    February 26 1069 - September 11 1070*

A Strained Empire?
    Part 1 of 3

Only History, only who will pass through those days will see the light of good news for the Roman Empire....

February 27 1069
    The Byzantine Faction inside the imperial court find an ally when Nikeophoros makes a speech for more autonomy inside the Roman Empire:
    "I have an obligation to know the feelings, concerns and preoccupations of my subordinates," he said. "It is their express wish that I transmit them to the top authorities and to make them public....We demand greater autonomy".

The treasure is empty but Iulius decide to bribe those subordinates
    (Iulius:"Oh how much I wish to hang them" )
    going in more debts.

May 28 1069
    "For once I can decline to get involved"
    [will the AI be able to deal with that?]

July 22 1069
    Iulius: "Men, I forgot he have claims on those lands, he got angry, he got rebeliouss. that lazy, fat....*****.....ok I have other plans, I will grant him Agrigento to have him happier and keep Palermo with its fortification and roman population for me"

July 29 1069
    Iulius:"Guess my plan! That Hungary is getting quite big and dangerous, I'm going to put them on the 'rogue dynasty' list and deal with them as soon as those poor Pechenegs will be under my 'protection'....."

August 14 1069
    Again a loyalty drop of the Eastern Roman Empire Governor, again money is used to bribe him but.... days after....we are broke and can no longer afford to maintain our fortifications in Theodosiopolis, so we scrap the Hill Fort, and by magic [BUG] a Small Fort is finished days after!

1069-8-20
    It's time for the Emperor Iulius to show on the battlefield so, while the Ravenna Army(1000 men strong) patrol the Siracusa border pending an invasion, he sails via Brindisi against the Pechenegs (and indirectly to deter any rebellion attempt in the East, delegates are sent in Asia Minor, Byzantium, Aegyptus and Syria)

What fate is written for those who leave the safe shore for the sea that may bring storm?

*In humble Memory: SEPTEMBER 11, 2001
    Last edited by Tprovic; 09-10-2006 at 23:29.

- (ongoing)

Blog Entries
    Is a split in the offing?
    My library and My blog

Stnylan, it is in the "possible/probable" field,but there isn't and it is not possible to mod an event like that (for what I know).

So if conditions will arise (or are arised since this is a update "splitted" in 3 ) I will mod the save file.

I would welcome any advice of gameplay (I'm roleplaying) because I'm finding quite uneasy to hold together the Roman Empire, I played as Count, Duke and King but beeing the Roman Emperor is harder than beeing the byzantine emperor.

- (ongoing)

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sengoku

Wasn't it to expect though that the Roman Empire is harder to control than the Byzantine?

It certainly sounds realistic though. Rebels everywhere, vassals trying to overcome you, enemies everywhere and so on. Basically as I imagined the Roman Empire of this time to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast