• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, too bad about the screenshots. Though I've never heard of this Quickshot...

prppoland.jpg

Fall Weiss

Plan for Fall Weiss was to encircle and destroy the polish divisions to prevent a retreat to urban Warsaw. The campaign would have to end as fast as possible to prevent an Allied attack in the West.

The five armoured divisions and four light divisions would be the spearhead supported by infantry (29), a gebirgskorps (3) and three headquarters. Three bomber fleets mainly consisting of tactical bombers (8) and fighters (3) would provide air support.

In the West the seven availiable interceptor squadrons would try to fend off enemy bombers. While 21 infantry divisions manned the "Westwall" and a few divisions are used to defend the coast.

After the successful taking of Danzig the next step would be cutting off the polish troops in Czestochwa and Lodz and preparing the encirclement of Warsaw.

But the Allies were not inactive. They began to amass troops at the Maginot Defense Line and launched a heavy bombing campaign. The 36th Infantry division was hit hard and Germany mourned over thousand dead and even more wounded.

Hitler was enraged about the news and the wrong strategical decisions made by Göring, too much focusing on bombers instead on fighters. He immediately replaced Göring with Carl von Siemens giving Air Superiority preference. Still Göring was not a nobody and this step would cause some disturbance, therefore Göring was officially promoted as Commander-in-Chief of Forschungsamt ("FA"), the Nazi underground monitoring services for telephone and radio communications. This was connected to SS, SD and Abwehr intelligence services.

Meanwhile Dönitz continued to work on improving the UBootflotte.

In the East everything worked as planned and german troops were approaching Warsaw.

The german tanks rushed forward to encircle Warsaw while supporting infantry was killing off last resistance in western Poland.

Last edited:
@anonymous4401
If you store your image on imageshack this tools make your life easier - or at least they should ;)

http://reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=features

I have now enabled upload and confirmation sounds so hopefully this will help to prevent such a mess from happening again.

Does it automatically crop, too? Because I put in full-size pictures in my AAR, and for it not to make it impossible to read without scrolling on a 1024x576, I crop it to 940 horizontally.

And expected progress in Poland.

Yes you can choose to what resolution the screen is resized, seems you can even manually set the resolution or choose from different common values. You can also have it saved as png or jpg - it's definitively a tool worth a try.

The sound setting makes it play a beep when taking a screenshot and after upload finished. Hope this will help to prevent another mess.

Resolution isn't cropping...

Ah, seems I did misunderstand you. Thought if you can resize freely you won't need cropping...

Btw. I think I stumbled upon what went wrong - if imageshack is too sloppy the upload seems to take too long and maybe trying to make another SS at that time causes the problem. But listening to the "beeps" should prevent that.

great AAR MAC.

to you have an idea , the hard - gröfaz , the IC go to 70, hehe, more the other difficult thing made by the mod.

the tactics that you use in DD, cannot be done at the HSR, thats a cool thing. a great challenge play at gröfaz. i will try, but i dont think i can have any sucess on that, hehe.

keep doing these great work MAC.

Thanks, armocore :)

Just do a gröfaz AAR - I think people here are bored of Germany winning anyways. Without using exploits + save'n reload and playing somewhat RP-like considering things that doesnt affect the game but would be important in RL winning this hard AAR is also no 100% sure win.

When playing Gröfaz you are so limited that you really need to play the most effective way. Looking forward to see how our Gröfaz campaign works out!

Well, the thing is that text in the HOI2 screenshots is kind of small sometimes, so changing resolution makes is a strain on the eyes!

And imageshack is always slow for some reason, cutting me off when I post pictures one by one even! I imagine this causes problems when using tools to upload, as well.

@anonymous4401
Yes, that's why I am posting the thumbnails.
The thread loads faster that way and people can enlarge the images they are interested in to original size.

@lifeless
I went with choosing the Interceptor/TB combo.
Prepare for more events soon upcoming in my next update :)

prppoland.jpg

Fall Weiss - Phase two

Buildup of the Waffen-SS continued.

September 16th the attack on Warsaw began...

But the defenders endured the bombardments and attacks from all sides till the 19th.

With the victory in Poland in reach Hitler wanted to attack in the West as fast as possible.

September 23rd Lodz, the last unoccupied area of importance in Poland was attacked.

And on September 24th Poland was annexed.

Still eastern Poland had to be handed over to the SU.

The world was astonished by the fast victory and the German public was pleased.

A lot of polish equipment was captured and would be used in the further war.

You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to play my Germany 1938 game to be as close to historical as possible, with logical deviations, and I'm going to use the HSR event files to help me. :nods:

Late 1939

The Allies were furious about the annexation of Poland and amassed a large amout of troops at the Maginot line, threatening the Westwall. Germany reacted accordingly by deploying the troops from the campaign in Poland - but it seemed this was just an allied trick. The UK tried to surprise Germany by an invasion!

October 4th a Royal navy fleet attempted a landing in light defended Lübeck. Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe were able to repell the attack in combined efforts and managed to hunt down a light carrier as well as a transport fleet.

Meanwhile the buildup of the SS continued and the Totenkopf Division was deployed.

It was equipped with the first new PzIII - since it already showed in the polish campaign that the light PzIIs were too vulnerable to attacks and had not enough firepower for the intended task.
Pz3D-5.jpg

The defeat at Lübeck made the UK just more ferocious - the next attack was at Kiel. This was a real threat to Germany since Kiel had an important naval base as well as an important airfield. Allied bombers came in waves and unloaded their deadly freight, sweeping away the german interceptors and fighters by sheer numbers. Three divisions attacked the german positions and it looked like the poor equipped defenders would not stand a chance, pinned by the bombardement.

It was a gamble, but using the detailed informations by the naval recon planes the Kriegsmarine sent some forces via the enlarged Nord-Ostsee-Kanal to engage the british invasion force. Meanwhile troops were on its way to reinforce the last german pockets of resistance.

Raeder quickly realized that the british admiral had realized his mistake and was sending in his superior strike fleet.

With guns blazing the Kriegsmarine retreated, led by the famous Bismarck. The task was achieved and the landing disturbed, the RN carriers and battleships came too late.
German_Battleship_Bismarck_bow_view.jpg

@anonymous4401
Sounds great, good luck!
Seems the AI in DD is indeed more ambitious and in combination with HSR you now really have to be careful what you do.

@DirtyCommiePuke
True - thanks for the hint. To be honest I just did not expect an engagement in the baltic sea and I simply wasn't prepared.

Yes, I am deadly worried the Kriegsmarine being sitting ducks in the Baltic sea as long as Denmark isn't occupied but the no early war event keeps me from DoWing it. I just pray for the Weserübung event to fire.

Disaster averted!