• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd like to see few more things...
Other than default 3D view. The engine is 3D, move the camera.
What type of terrain are there? Are those only plains? How am I supposed to tell the difference?

Anyway, things look nice so far.

Fat said:
What type of terrain are there? Are those only plains? How am I supposed to tell the difference?

Very good point there, would also like to know how that will work.

Looks great, but one thing I don't understand is why would the University increase pop? Wouldn't educated citizens reproduce less??? Or is the pop increase because it would attract citizens of other countries?

I'm really astonished by the way the map graphics improve. I mean, I was put aback by the first screenshots. However, from that time, things became so much better. Just look at the beautiful gradient of the fog of war, the deepness of the sea and the beauty of the coastline graphics!

The city interface is really great (building icons) and the city view is also nice. There, of course, are some problems like low-res textures, color mismatches and lack of sufficient antialiasing, but I am sure these will be resolved with time.

One thought: I'd love Paradox to introduce keyboard shortcuts to building, so that the amount of needles click-click could be reduced to minimum. Just a wish though. :)

Dakk said:
EDIT: Oh, and look how smooth those provinceborders go, that'll show some alarmists... :p
If you look at the previous screenshots, they pretty much have always looked like that, except on the political view. :p

Sinbuster said:
I'm happy you guys finally came around. We've been telling the rest of the world that for years. ;)
lol

diary entry is looking good :) love everything!

You guys are quick! Looks like EU3 will be out any day now. ;)

One word: I AM GETTING THIS! Okay, so that was four words. Anywho. Looks like I'll need to uninstall CIV4 and Stronghold 2 to fit that on my PC, but who cares? EUIII looks like I'll be spending way more time on it than I do on those two combined! Lookin' great, Johan, I can't wait to get this game! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Looks good :) While I do like the increased number of province improvements I kind of fear the amount of clicking it will lead to. Would it be possible to have a sort of "batch-build", where you chose a building to be constructed, and then click all provinces you want it built in. Or perhaps even a system where one could chose buildings to be constructed (let's say taxcollectors, in all provinces), and then supply money from the budget and have them built once sufficeant money is allocated.

Gwalcmai said:
If you look at the previous screenshots, they pretty much have always looked like that, except on the political view. :p

Very true, but still some people of the abovementioned disposition (read: alarmist ;) ) freaked when they saw the political mapview despite Johan clearly stating it was an early build.

And I had to take a poke at that, call me a troll if you must... :eek:o :D

th3freakie said:
If you say so. I don't know, but had the idea they were from the 1700's, ence I asked.
The idea is 16th century. If anything the fortifications surrounding the town are hopelessly behind the times. (High straight wall just won't stand up to cannon).

Registered said:
The idea is 16th century. If anything the fortifications surrounding the town are hopelessly behind the times. (High straight wall just won't stand up to cannon).

I meant the Dover and Artois ones.

This is beginning to look a lot like Knights of Honor, but with smaller provinces.

th3freakie said:
I meant the Dover and Artois ones.
Yes.... But i did not. I was talking about the sity overview which still seems to have curiously medieval fortifications.

Hajji Giray I said:
This is beginning to look a lot like Knights of Honor, but with smaller provinces.
Only in graphics, perhaps. But I do not think that EUIII will be "Knights of Honor in the renaissance/baroque period".

margab said:
Looks great, but one thing I don't understand is why would the University increase pop? Wouldn't educated citizens reproduce less??? Or is the pop increase because it would attract citizens of other countries?
Actually, that Pop Increase 1% is shorthand for +10% while in session, -9% during vacations. ;)

Obviously, we can have multiple buildings in a city, but how about manus? I think I remember Johan mentioning 2/, but I'm not certain.

-Pat