• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We’ve all come to the conclusion that football is not a real sport, and only icehockey is relevant. Midsummer has passed, and it is now closing in on the summer holidays here.

A lot of focus have been on wrapping up the main work on the two major remaining interface pieces., the peace negotiation interface have been designed and implemented, and we plan to show it within a few weeks. We have also been working on the three different combat interfaces, with the landcombat nearing completion. The engine guys have been working hard with the new underlaying multiplayer protocol, and the game is now running in multiplayer on our local lan. The artists are busy adding the animations and looks of african units.

Code:
# Do not change tags in here without changing every other reference to them.
# If adding new resources, make sure they are uniquely named.

# base_price = X	base price in $.		  (default is 1.0 if not specified
# min_demand = 0.5  	Demand is never lower than this.  (default is 0.01 if not specified)
# max_demand = 1.4	Demand is never higher than this.  (default is 1.0 if not specified)
# plantation = yes/no	This type of goods is categories as plantation for demand calculations.
# goldtype = yes/no		This resource works like 'gold' if yes, using prices from mine-value in province instead of supply/demand and baseprice.  Also creates gold-inflation
# <building_name> = 0.01	Type of building that gives a demand boost.

#Base resources
grain = {
	base_price = 5

#demands
	min_demand = 0.25
	shipyard = 0.01
	regimental_camp = 0.01
	refinery = 0.01
	wharf = 0.01
	weapons = 0.01
	textile = 0.01
	fine_arts_academy = 0.01
	university = 0.01
}
The tradegoods file contains information on the prices, special characteristics and demand modifiers for each goods in the game. Of course, it is fully flexible on adding and removing goods.

eu3_jun_28.jpg

Here is Maine, a french province in the late 17th century. I’m in the province interface, and contemplating what manufactory to build in this province. All the other possible buildings that can be built in a province can be seen in the interface as well.

Love trade goods, and just can't get enough of province improvements! :)

EDIT: Oh, and look how smooth those provinceborders go, that'll show some alarmists... :p

Last edited:
The tradegoods file contains information on the prices, special characteristics and demand modifiers for each goods in the game. Of course, it is fully flexible on adding and removing goods.

Lovly, I can add "dalahorses" as goods! :)

Nice artwork but don't some of the manufactories look sort of.. modern?

Looks good, but I don't see a scrollbar in the building menu. Since that menu already seems to be completely filled with icons, will this have any negative consequences for modders who want to add new stuff? (as seen in Hearts Of Iron 2)

Still nothing shown beneath the Papacy and the Holy Empire icons. How much longer do you want to torture us Johan? ;)

Muffenboy said:
yippie! what would be lovly, but I don't know if the demand will be that great ;)

Edit: and btw, great with so many provinceimprovments :)

Editing my friend, editing :)

Code:
#Base resources
dalahorses = {
	base_price = 15

#demands
	min_demand = 0.5
	max_demand = 1.4
        shipyard = 0.01
	regimental_camp = 0.01
	refinery = 0.01
	wharf = 0.01
	weapons = 0.01
	textile = 0.01
	fine_arts_academy = 0.01
	university = 0.01
}

Hmmmm, interesting - particularly with the HRE and Papal icons on the sidebar in the bottom right corner (and the University popup box cruelly covering up any others which might be below them!).

Can anyone identify what buildings and manufactories there are? I can definitely see a cathedral, maybe a tavern and some sort of army camp on the top line, and a brewery and a shipyard in the manufactories section...

Oh boy, now I'll have to come up with a pile list of Ottoman public works. :)

Didn't check the new EU III stuff for a while - but I have to say it looks better and better :) I really love that also here attention is paid to the details (nice little gfx like for example on the CoA which add a lot of "atmosphere).

You can make a good guess they'll have a refinery (1st one with barrels) naval manufactory (2nd one with boat) arms manufactory (3rd one with cannon) the fourth looks like a good manufactory then perhaps a university and a catherdral?

The Cathedral seems the one on the top left corner of the improvements building, being grayed out because it's already built. I'd say the Fine Arts Academy is the extra one.

Johan said:
We’ve all come to the conclusion that football is not a real sport, and only icehockey is relevant.
Finally you have seen the Light! :D

Sarmatia1871 said:
Hmmmm, interesting - particularly with the HRE and Papal icons on the sidebar in the bottom right corner (and the University popup box cruelly covering up any others which might be below them!).

Actually its not, theres nothing in that spot yet

One thing in the files which I think is odd:
Code:
# Do not change tags in here without changing every other reference to them.
# If adding new resources, make sure they are uniquely named.
Um surely you can't add new tags like min_demand? I'm going to have to look back through the old diaries now...