• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
anonymous4401 said:
Wow, I'm so awesome that my very name causes people's games to stop in their tracks! :cool:

:rofl: :rofl: Great.

What a massive starting India! :eek:o

In honor of this game-crashing, I have changed my custom title to 'Unbelievably Awesome'.

ju87 said:
4. jju_57 (or whatever your name is), the 7-11 jokes are more offensive than funny. Please stop.

I'm not into that PC crap. Freedom of speech means freedom to offend.

I just nuked new deli (wasn't that a sandwish shop in NYC) in my game. Feel free to do the same to Washington DC.

Communist China must be destroyed! :D

I'll be watching this one. :)

ju87 said:
At last! A scenario on my own country! March ahead jawan! Jai Hind!
A few pointers:
1. Independent Indian Navy ships aren't named HMIS (thats like swearing fealty to the British monarch). Its INS, for Indian Navy Ship.
2. Alongwith the purge of white leaders, you should purge them from the military as well. Perhaps make an event where the increasingly nationalist Indian govt. expels all people of British origin from govt posts. You could gradually introduce Indian leaders instead.
3. What are the tech teams available? If you ask me, historically, you should have a low level rocketry team (Vikram Sarabhai), a mid level aeronautics team (Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd), and a few more.
4. jju_57 (or whatever your name is), the 7-11 jokes are more offensive than funny. Please stop.

Besides that, can't wait for this scenario to unfold! W00T! :cool:

1. Alright, I'll fix that right away, thats how they were named in the CORE2 file (which is a great mod other than the confusing tech) so I hadn't changed them until now.
2. I did consider it however with number of armies/fleets/squadrons I'll need, I figured best to leave them for the time being.
3. the tech teams (which again I stole from the CORE2 file ;) ) are as follows:
Bharat Electronics Limited; electronics;management
Defence Research & Development Organisation; chemistry; mechanics; artillery; general_equipment
Garden Reach workshop; naval_engineering; electronics; general_equipment; technical_efficiency
Hindustan Aircraft Limited; aeronautics; general_equipment; technical_efficiency
Indian Academy of Sciences; mathematics; chemistry; electronics; mechanics
Indian Atomic Energy Commission; nuclear_physics; nuclear_engineering; mathematics
Indian Government Railways; mechanics; industrial_engineering; management
J.R.D. Tata; industrial_engineering; technical_efficiency; aeronautics; piloting
Mazagon Dock Limited; naval_engineering; naval_artillery; electronics; technical_efficiency
Military Engineering Services; management; general_equipment; mechanics; technical_efficiency
Ordnance Factories Board; mechanics; artillery; general_equipment; electronics
Shri Ghanshyam Das Birla;industrial_engineering; management; electronics
University of Delhi; management; chemistry; mechanics; mathematics
Jagdish Chandra Bose; electronics; mathematics
Satyendra Nath Bose; mathematics
Venkata Raman; management; training; mathematics
Archibald Wavell; centralized_execution; large_unit_tactics; combined_arms_focus; management
Frank Messervy; decentralized_execution; small_unit_tactics; combined_arms_focus
Victor Lord Linlithgow; combined_arms_focus; large_unit_tactics; centralized_execution
William E. Parry; naval_training; large_taskforce_tactics; centralized_execution; seamanship; carrier_tactics
Aspy Merwan Engineer; bomber_tactics; aircraft_testing; piloting; centralized_execution

On another note, I decided to not only not add any more claims but to remove malaysia from the claims as well. Hopefully I can update tonight. I just got back from the Taste of Chicago so I'm a little sunburned and a little tired so who knows what will happen.

What a coincidence, I was at the Taste of Honolulu last Saturday!

Okay, not much of a coincidence but whatever.

How do Indian tech teams differ between CORE and vanilla?

anonymous4401 said:
What a coincidence, I was at the Taste of Honolulu last Saturday!

Okay, not much of a coincidence but whatever.

How do Indian tech teams differ between CORE and vanilla?

The Indian tech teams in vanilla are actually a single tech team. With crap stats to boot.

Was your taste any good?

Yes, though I regret some of the choices I made.
ja1qt.gif

anonymous4401 said:
Yes, though I regret some of the choices I made.
ja1qt.gif

Same here.

BTW, you've been promoted to a heavy cruiser from your destroyer flotilla.

I demand a carrier. A carrier group.

Kordo said:
I just got back from the Taste of Chicago so I'm a little sunburned and a little tired so who knows what will happen.

And I bet you're a sCrUBS fan too. White Sox rule. :p

Archibald Wavell? William E. Parry? they sound white! :p will they be purged as well? what am i gonna be? :p:D

jju_57 said:
And I bet you're a sCrUBS fan too. White Sox rule. :p

Bah! Not only are you racist against indians ( :p ) but you have no taste in sports as well. Cubs are the only real Chicago baseball team!

Lifeless, you are a light cruiser.

As 1936 dawned, a new policy in India began to take place. All white government officials were removed from office and Indian officials were promoted to take their place. While in some cases this proved delicate since not all Indian officials were as well trained as their English counterparts, for the most part the plan went off without a hitch.

Shortly after, this government ‘purification’ plan was passed in the Congress, (for the Indian people had rejected the title of ‘parliament’ for their legislative branch, deeming it ‘too English’) another measure was introduced, this time regarding foreign policy. It called for India to take its place on the international stage,* it also called for establishing international alliances. Promptly the Indian government responded by approaching the German government who, while rather extreme in some of their beliefs and were unfortunately, well for a lack of a better term, were white, joined India in a new alliance called the ‘Axis’.

With the support of a major European nation, India finally felt secure enough to begin flexing its muscles. Unfortunately the only nation with which India had a major quarrel with was the UK which whom a conflict was out of the question. This meant that if India was to prove itself by defeating another nation, some creative thought was required. Conveniently enough it was their German allies who provided the excuse.

For many years, the Nazi party had been sending expeditions around the world to help prove Aryan dominance and various other things the Indian government thought was nonsense. However one of the most recent expeditions to Tibet, which was one of the favored destinations of the Nazi’s had gone missing. Germany responded to this by asked India to help due to India’s proximity to the region. An Indian expedition was mounted and after a brief survey of the region in which the German’s had gone missing, they concluded that without a doubt that local villagers had ambushed and killed the German expedition after one of the village women had supposedly become pregnant at the hands of one of the expedition members. In fact the Indian investigation published, not only did the Tibetan government try to conceal this fact, they detained the Indian investigation expedition several days under house arrest before being pressured into releasing them by the League of Nations of all things which is rather ironic since the League of Nations couldn’t do ‘crap’ anyway. But let’s not get off topic.

The Indian and German government quickly issued a joint statement to the Tibetan government demanding reparations among other things and demanded a reply by March 28 1936. When the Tibetan government did not respond (though there are rumors that the Tibetan emissaries were shot by Indian border guards as they attempted to cross), India declared war and promptly invaded on March 29, 1936.

ScreenSave9.jpg

The fighting would last to June 1, when the Tibetan government was declared by the self-christened Indian peacekeepers to be ‘so corrupt that it permeates every level of the government to such an extent that to leave even part of the government to local officials would be a crime against the Tibetan people.’ Shortly after, Tibet was annexed by India and special forces began training in India to help the Tibetan people.**

ScreenSave10.jpg

* +1 Interventionalism
** 2 Garrison Divisions begin training

Well, with one fell swoop you've also isolated those British one-prov satellites...

The Indian government was beyond pleased with the success of the Tibetan campaign. The troops fought magnificently and the only major obstacle to a faster victory was the brutal terrain of Tibet. With faces flushed with victory, the Indian government decided to turn its eye’s elsewhere. Like with Tibet, India would strike with massive force to overwhelm its enemies. And so, the victorious army, moved slowly from its positions in the Indian Tibet towards the Siam border where it would meet new Indian divisions, the first since Indian Independence.

ScreenSave11.jpg

Once again, India found itself in a dilemma. While many nations had revered Tibet for its peaceful nature and respected is devout religious beliefs, Siam was a different story. While there was a small chance many nations would go to war with India over Tibet, there was a very good chance that Japan would attack India if Siam was invaded. While Japan was technically not guarantying Siam’s independence, Siam and the south-east region of Asia was known to be coveted by Japan as a future part of its Empire. So a deal was struck in private. Japan would not attack India for invading Siam if India promised not to interfere with Japan’s own imperial ambitions. Deeming this a reasonable treaty and one that could be easily broken if India wanted to, the Indian government quietly ratified the agreement. A few days later on January 9, 1937, India declared war on Siam, making it the second nation to suffer India’s wrath.

ScreenSave12.jpg

Like Tibet, the Indian army steamrolled the Siamese forces as Indian divisions crossed the land borders and landed by sea, quickly taking the important Siamese cities without a single defeat. The Siamese forces proved even less successful then the Tibetan armies with their nation defeated by Febuary 23, a mere 45 days and completely defeated by infantry and cavalry.

ScreenSave13.jpg

Siam, like Tibet was placed under direct control of India. With France so close as well as India’s estranged father, Great Britain, it was deemed to dangerous for Siam to exist as an independent nation. The military combat units that liberated Siam would help control foreign rabble-rousers until specially trained Indian units could be trained to deal with the threat as they were currently in Tibet.

With Siam and Tibet under Indian control, India began to look forwards towards improving and expanding its military forces. China’s rebellious provinces looked particularly tempting to the undefeated commanders, especially since the western world had long given up on China, but the Indian high command was unsure. One thing was certain, the purge of the white military commanders would be put on hold. At the moment India lacked any naval commanders of local make and its white army commanders proved themselves to successful to be dismissed out of hand. For the time being, India would permit whites in the military. Whether that would change would depend on India’s successes in the future.

ScreenSave14.jpg
The Greater Indian Nation.

What about Afghanistan?

But the INS goobermaster cannot assist in an invasion of Afghanistan *cries*.

What is the status of the Indian Navy, the best of the three services? It'll need to be powerful if you start a war with Japan AND the UK/US...