• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FlorisDeVijfde

Colonel
76 Badges
Oct 20, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
1. December 28th 1935 – somewhere in Holland

The night was cold and rainy. A strong wind blew around the practically abandoned airport adding to the misery of the lone person standing on the tarmac. It was with a heavy heart he had come here. The soil on which he stood was that of his native homeland and the misery he felt was because of the realisation he would be gone for many years if not forever. Yet he knew there was no other way. The telegram had been urgent but though the request in it was that, a request, his sense of honour left him no choice but to send a telegram back with a positive reply. He remembered that day a few weeks ago when he had sat down with that foreigner - what was his name again? – and discussed about many things. Already that evening he had had the feeling he was testing him, leading him somewhere with the conversation. The telegram this evening had proven his suspicions to be true. It had explained to him why he was chosen. That his live in the old city, which lights could be seen vaguely through the rain and trees in the distance, had been monitored closely for the last 4 years. He felt a bit of anger rising, but it quickly subsided. He knew the cause he now set out to defend was just and necessary.

A sound in the distance grew louder, radial engines, the aircraft that was to bring him to his new home.

Last edited:
Floris! Cool stuff! :D

I did a triple take on this one... Saw it first, then looked back, because "Red Dawn" caught my eye (the movie Red Dawn was filmed about 20 minutes from where I live), then looked again because my eye caught sight of FlorisdeViejfde!

Off to a great start, with writing and intrigue and mood/atmosphere already!

Very nice first scene for what looks to be in interesting story.

Rensslaer

2. December 28th 1935 – Somewhere in Holland

The aircraft appeared to be an old Ford Trimotor. This puzzled him. He had heard of 2 or 3 of these planes that had been used by a small company somewhere in the Scandinavian countries, but in these times of elevated national awareness it was unusual for a country with it’s own aircraft manufactories not to show of with it’s own types. Then again, considering the enormity of the task that lay before him, he suspected this to be some sort of cover up to avoid to much unwanted attention...if he had been right about the origin of his contacts. They seemed honest and real enough but you’d never know for sure of course. He grinned at his paranoia when he pictured himself in a cell deep in the Soviet Union. Well, you’ve gotta die of something and the cause is worth taking risks, he thought.

After flying over to check the direction of the wind the Ford landed and came to a halt in front of him. He noticed something familiar on the tail and realised they had written his name on it.
The door opened and the pilot stepped out.

“Herr Doctor, ah, I see you like what we did with the plane.”

A German accent, what he’d expected. Even if this was a trap the Soviets would not be so amateuristic as to use someone with a Russian accent. Like he had done before he halted this line of thought. He was largely unknown beyond this part of Europe. Still, only the destination of this trip would reveal of he was right or not.
A somewhat smaller but more familiar person appeared from the plane.

“We don’t have much time. Better to leave now as to attract less attention to our presence.”

“Hans, glad you came yourself. I didn’t even know you had left Holland after we met in that cafe.”

“Who says I did” he smiled. “There’s more than one airport in this country you know. Since we’ve been seen together though and you won’t remain obscure any longer my cover is surely blown so I decided to take the opportunity to repatriate.”

“I hope you’ll be able to show me around where we’re going and advise me in all matters. You’re the only one I know there.”

“So do I. There’s some beer in the plane, let’s drink to the demise of our greatest enemy.”

“Hans, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”

As the plane took off it shook violently. However the misery had subsided. Despite seeing his homeland slowly disappear in the clouds Floris was now focussing on the work that had to be done.

fsscr022440lw.png

Last edited:
Rensslaer and Mettermrck, thank you for your encouragements.

Never heard about the movie Red Dawn but on the internet I found this:
Plot Outline: It is the dawn of World War III. In mid-western America, a group of teenagers bands together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.

Considering that my plot won't be too different from the movie, apart from the teenagers and the defending :D , o yes, and at least in the first gameyears it won't be in America.

The setting by the way is HOI2 n/n, 1936 the road to war, country will reveal itself shortly.

Last edited:
This looks good!

Very nice start Floris. And eh....the picture of the plain is way to dark :D

3. December 28th 1935 – Somewhere above Germany

The Ford had emerged from the violent winds and the flight actually became comfortable now. The cabin was largely darkened with the exception of a small light between the 2 passengers and some illumination coming from above from the cockpit. The doctor had noticed the compass indicated an easterly course and considering the time they had been aloft they now had to be well into German airspace. Though he was now quite assured of the noble intentions of Hans this of course was also in the direction of the Soviet Union, but considering the limited range of the Trimotor that possibility could be discarded.

On the table between him and Hans Tirpitz, grandson of the victor of the battle at Jutland who he had now learned was to take upon him the more public part of their conspiracy, was a map of the world, large parts of which had been lightened by red markings.

“As you can see many countries suffer under communist oppression, most notably that big red lets call it blob to our east. It will only be a matter of time before Stalin will turn onto Europe and bring upon us dark decades of oppression and suffering. Therefor we must start a grander strategy of not only eliminating the Soviet threat but also nests of intolerance elsewhere on this planet.”

“This will mean our group has to overthrow our current government which will be extremely difficult considering it’s popularity.”

"That is so", Hans replied, "but starting in the New Year generals loyal to us will commence steps that should bring a shift in that popularity to our faction. We must be subtle though and act quickly when the time comes to defend ourselves. The night of the long knives wasn’t an incident, it’s clear the present government will do anything to stay in power.”

“So we destroy it from the inside out and make way for policy enabling an anti-communist coalition that can actually work, instead of the way that maniac is trying to do it.”

“Exactly herr Doctor. This will take some time, but because that’s what we don’t have a lot of, your mission starts when we arrive. In Europe Stalin is trying to create his first foreward outpost. This cannot be allowed to happen. I know someone there able to counter that but he’ll need our help. First we’ll meet the others and then an airplane will be waiting to take you to our potential ally.”

That moment the sound of the engines changed and they felt the pilot had started to descend. As the Doctor looked out of the window all doubt had vanished. The paranoia, though understandable cause of the danger his new tasks presented to some powerful people, had been unnecessary.

fsscr0614ma.png

Last edited:
Intersting use of Microsoft Flight Sim.

Those poor people in 1935, having to live in a world of two-dimensional landscapes and low-resolution graphics. ;)

lifeless, Oranje Verzet, KlavoHunter, thank you.

anonymous4401, I can't help I have to work with 75 year old pictures ;)

I'm working on the next update. Will arrive any day now.

statusreport

I recently saw the movie Red Dawn for the first time and remembered my AAR which was on hold for some time due to me moving to another city. I'll try re-activating it in the coming weeks. Due to EU3 coming out my time playing HOI2 has diminished significantly too, however my :eek: 500th :eek: post on this forum couldn't be used in a better way than to revitalize an unfinished work.

4. December 28th 1935 – Flughafen Berlin-Tempelhof

When exiting the Ford Trimotor Hans and the Doctor entered a BMW. Inside were 2 other persons. He immediately recognized them. At the drivers side sat Karl von Richthofen, little known relative of the famous ace from WW1. This was the man who would be in charge of the main pilar of freedom: the Airforce.

Back in 1918, even with Germany having the best plane of the war, the Fokker D.VII created by a Dutchman the Doctor thought not without some pride, there was a group of people in Germany seeing the danger of defeat by American troops just entering the war in great numbers.
With the Red Dawn just beginning to loom on the eastern horizon they thought it was of the utmost importance to focus beyond this war and prepare for the inevitable clash of ideologies. The battles over Flanders had proven the importance of aircraft and continuing technical innovation on their design. Therefor in secret in the hills of Bayern an aircraft testing center named Adler was set up.

The famed Fokker D.VII being tested above Adler

Having of course complete access to the plans of German aircraft like the Fokkers and Albatrosses it was felt that to optimize the design of new aircraft in the comming years, of what the group knew only to be an interbellum, better knowledge of allied innovations would help a lot. Therefor on a misty day in april Karl prepared to infiltrate into allied territory...

That is certainly some revival!