• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lofman

Safe One
33 Badges
Mar 14, 2002
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
Lu Chuan AAR

Here I start an AAR with Lu Chuan playing AGCEEP (v 1.41 I think). Difficulty is normal/weakling. Some basic information about Lu Chuan:

DESCRIPTION: They don't have one :(
CULTURE: upper burman
RELIGION: pagan
CAPITOL: Chengdu in the tea-producing Sichuan Pendi province
RULER: Si Ren Fa since 1413
TECH (L/N/T/I): 1/0/1/1
ARMY: 1,000 Infantry led by Si Ren Fa (2/4/3)
DIPLOMACY: Vassal to China who also guarantees my independence. China has a permanent casus belli against me though
NEIGHBOURS:
North: Tibet
West: Meng Yang (they are the only other pagans I know about)
South: Mu Bang (in Shan province), Burma
East: China

GOAL OF AAR:
See if I can survive all the way to the end of the scenario, which may not be that easy.

SCREENSHOTS:
If you really want them, I could try to include a few, but don't count on there being many of them.

ABOUT TIME:
In order to make it easy for me I will whenever I state what year it is I will use the same years as in game (I doubt that the people of Lu Chuan called the year 1419 AD, year 1419 AD) to make it easier both for myself (to write it) and for you the reader so that you easily may know what year it refers to.

Now I will begin with the actual AAR. Enjoy.

The Great Rulers of Lu Chuan and their Deeds

I am Si Ren Fa, the Chief of Lu Chuan. Now listen to what I have to say. Near the end of the year of 1419 I had 5,000 men trained, and thus greatly increased the size of my army. As my power grew I set my eyes on my neighbours in Meng Yang. Their ruler, Dao De Meng, was a weak ruler, nowhere near as powerful as me. So after careful preparations, in the year of 1421 I invaded. Soon Dali, the capitol of Meng Yang, was under siege. But Dao De Meng didn't just sit idly and wait for my army. He raised 2,000 mounted warriors, and with them he tried to drive away my forces, but in vain.

Two times he tried to attack my forces, two times he failed. So after having regrouped his warriors after the second attempt, he decided that rather risk the remaining part of his forces in a third attempt that would have little chance of success, he went to pillage my lands. But since his forces were not large enough to even attempt sieging Chengdu I let him remain and continued the siege of Dali. To aid the army, a gift to the state was recieved from some of the more important local leaders. In the end of that year Dali was taken. Dao De Meng tried to pay a vast tribute in order to remain ruler of his realm, but that effort proved futile, as I soon annexed Meng Yang.

After two years of peace a diplomatic move was made towards Mu Bang, our neighbours in the south, it is always important to make sure relations with ones neighbours doesn't get to low when you for the moment don't want to make war upon them. In the next year Cheng Zu, Emperor of China, died and was succeeded by Ren Zong. Ren Zong's short reign as Emperor saw the independence of of Dai Viet in the year of 1425 a few days before Xuan Dong became the new Emperor.

It was in the next year that Biny Rankit, the ruler of Mu Bang, made an insult so terrible that I would have been in my full right to invade, but because of some reasons I didn't. One reason was that Mu Bang's army was twice as large as mine, but that alone wouldn't have stopped me, but as it was Mu Bang was allied with China, and risking a war with China at that time didn't seem wise. China soon demonstrated their power by severely beating Dai Viet. Dai Viet paid a large tribute and lost the provinces of Lao Cai and Tanh Noah, leaving them with only the Hanoi province.

There was some complaint against Lu Chuan and my rule here, baseless accusations because of my expansion. The Emperor of China decided that some simple threats would do, so in the end nothing really happened (OOC: China went with They will be deterred by simple threats in Complaint against Lu Chuan).

In the year of 1429 a meteor was sighted, and although some people were concerned as to what it meant thereby causing some minor trouble, a few months later I invaded Burma. The Burmese king Mohnyininthado called for help from his ally, Saen Müang Ma/Sam Fang Kaen of Lan Na. Soon i began to siege the city of Sylhet, main city in the Assam province, and when the Burmese army attempted to drive me back, I easily defeated them, but because of losses I saw that it might be a good idead to gather more warriors into my army, and with the help of the new forces a second Burmese attempt to break the siege of Sylhet was thwarted.

But it was in the following month that Sanam Trakpa Gyan-tsen, the greedy and cruel King of Tibet declared war. Of Tibet's allies only Mu Bang decided to stand by their side. China left that alliance, but soon they decided to join the alliance of Lan Na and Burma and join the war against us. A massive Chinese army marched into Sichuan Pendi, and begun a siege of Chengdu. Although tens of thousands of Chinese died the Empire's army remained the largest in the area. But although the situation looked dire I continued the siege of Sylhet which fell less than a year after the siege had begun whereas my army marched towards Shan.

I marched into Shan without facing any opposition, but it didn't take long before the Mu Bang army, which had joined the Chinese in the siege of Chengdu, rushed back to Shan in order to meet me, and in a fierce battle a sent them running away. A raiding force managed to take control of Kunming in the Chinese Yunnan province, and soon Lan Na, Burma and China decided to end the war between us, whereas they paid a symbolic sum.

However I was still in war against Tibet and Mu Bang, and Mu Bang sieged Chengdu. Although Chengdu soon fell to our enemies, I shortly thereafter could march into the Mu Bang capitol of Taunggyi. Tibetan attempts to invade Kachin province were easily repelled by our forces there and despite some foul people blamed me for poor government policies, acting as if there was no war, I managed to keep the country calm, and the Mu Bang army was crushed and sent fleeing back to Shan. So in the year of 1432 Mu Bang and Tibet recognized they couldn't win agreed to pay a large tribute to me in exchange for peace. Impressed by the skill of my army and by my tactical genius Mu Bang soon after the peace asked if I would want to join their alliance, and offer which I accepted, even though my relations with the other part of the alliance, the Tibetans, were somewhat strained.

Now Lu Chuan was in peace and stood there powerful and independent under my wise leadership. It seemed a glorious future lay before us, but there were dark clouds on the sky...

You weathered a great storm with equally great skill. I'll be following this one, but I will be asking for a political screenie now and then :D.

Good luck with this. Try to bash your way to a CoT or two, there are several rich ones in the area, I believe...

Wow,you survived Chinese onslaught as very minor pagan :eek: Im really impressed.

Can we get screenies of how it looks right now?

I second the request for a screenshot to give us a picture of the current situation.

Also, great victory indeed as it seems you might have been in trouble. Excellent start to this Lu Chuan AAR, and I will follow future updates. :)

Lu Chuan!!!
My nemesis!

Or how i call them in my Chinese AAR:"warmongering scum".

Hope to see you take them to glory and avoid being anexed by Bengal...

Another descriptionless country AAR!

Duke of Wellington: I thought that as well when that happened, it is not nice to be at war with every neighbour, especially when one of them happens to be China.
Grundius: A nice plan, though a bit difficult to follow at the moment
EvilSanta: I had some luck, first of all they didn't lead the alliance and secondly I had already gained some warscore through my victories in Burma
AOK. II: Why does everyone seem to wan't a screenshot :p
Fnuco: Bengal won't annex me!
anonymous4401: Yeehah!

As for screenshot. Will give one as soon as I can, though there is a good one in Fnuco's China AAR.

------------------------

The Great Rulers of Lu Chuan and their Deeds, Part II

In the year of 1435, when Ying Zong became new Emperor of China, Cambodia was crushed by Ayutthaya, of the formerly strong Kingdom of the Khmer, only a small part remained in the Khmer province as a vassal to Ayutthaya. Lan Xang, Cambodias former ally, decided to join the alliance of Lan Na, Burma and China. Factions within Lu Chuan caused a political crisis, but since I sided with one of the Factions, the others rose in rebellion. But their army was swiftly crushed. A year passed in peace, but only fools thought peace could last, the Chinese was upset over the fact that Lu Chuan no longer paid them tribute.

So in the year of 1437 the Chinese came with a demand of tribute, to gain some time I made up an excuse that it couldn't be paid because of the recent Mu Bang invasion had led to that there weren't enough people to tax. Knowing that the Chinese would undoubtly be suspicious as of the validity of that excuse I then wen't on a campaign to unite all Yun Nan tribes under my command, which allowed me to gather a vast army, but war with China was now a fact. Of the Chinese allies Lan Xang was the only one not to support them. Since I was certain that Tibet would not join me in the war and since I doubted wether or not Mu Bang would be useful, I decided to not call for their help. Lu Chuan would stand alone against China, Burma and Lan Na.

A smaller force was sent to conquer Kunming, while the main army, led by me, remained to face the invaders. The Burmese came first and they were easily beaten. However a Chinese army of 52,000 men led by the skilled general Jiang Gui came then and they proved to be too powerful, forcing me to retreat to Kachin province, while the small army that had taken Kunming proceeded to Lao Cai were they started sieging the city. Unfortunately they were defeated by Chines forces. Before the year was over China took Chengdu, whereas Jiang Gui proceeded to Kachin. Unable to defeat the Chinese I manouvered around them and began a siege to retake Chengdu, and although I managed to retake Chengdu, Dali fell and China now controlled Kachin.

In the year of 1439 a Chinese army led by Fang Zheng attempted to invade but they were soundly beaten, but the losses my army sustained meant that when Jiang Gui came with his experienced troops a few months later I was forced to retreat, and of my army nothing remained. Now the Chinese besieged Chengdu which fell early fall in the year of 1440. Lu Chuan was then annexed by China. But I will be back, for I am Si Ren Fa and I will not be defeated so easily...

That's all folks. Hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Well, that was quick...

I saw it coming. China FTW!! :D
Honestly, sorry about it. Why not choose a larger nation in the area?

Duke of Wellington: Not with this nation, but I will probably start a new AAR not too far into the future

anonymous4401: Well, the only really bad thing would be that the title may now be a little misleading.

Fnuco: Yes, I assume noone was surprised that it was China that in the end managed to annex Lu Chuan.

Grundius: It could have been worse. Atleast I survived one war against China.

Cecasander: I also had some help in that the terrain in my provinces was mountains.

Well, 'great' is a relative term, and their deeds can include getting annexed by China!

Hey, it was a noble effort, and more to the point it was honestly played. Good job! Hope to see you again with maybe a slightly stronger nation!

Lofman said:
Was thinking more of the rulers part since there only was one ruler.
Ah, right! Then it is false advertisement, you liar! :mad: ;)

Its nice to see an AAR reflect how my attempts at lesser powers turn out. :)

In any event, I enjoyed this. I would encourage you to try your luck in AARland again, and I will watch for any future work you write.