• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The funny thing about that list is that it is hosted by anti-sf people who use it to inform their followers which games to boycott. But for me, it has proven to be a valuable asset which usually proves to people that they already own an SF game and haven't had problems.

(It's also owned by the same people who run an illegal download site).

Welcome to the fight Gul. I hope you come back here and let people know your impressions of the game. I look forward to coming back and reading them. :)

And don't worry about taking your time to come to a decision. The important thing is that you come to a decision that satisfies you. ;)

Wow, well i failed the allied first mission :eek:o so loaded up the soviet one and kicked some ass! Im now on the mission where im supposed to destroy the boats before they can leave.

I must admit i would love a "skirmish" feature - it would add a whole new dimension to the game - i really like the kind of command and conquerish ability to build units [i have always dreamed of command and conquer set in the second world war] and adding this to a skirmish feature would be fantastic.

Im currently downloading the patch [1.1] and getting to grips with the game [passed all the tutorials]

Oh and enjoy your holiday :)

Ah there is a skirmish feature :eek:o -- Its cool although man the computer sure is agressive!

Gul Brown said:
Wow, well i failed the allied first mission :eek:o so loaded up the soviet one and kicked some ass! Im now on the mission where im supposed to destroy the boats before they can leave.

I must admit i would love a "skirmish" feature - it would add a whole new dimension to the game - i really like the kind of command and conquerish ability to build units [i have always dreamed of command and conquer set in the second world war] and adding this to a skirmish feature would be fantastic.

Im currently downloading the patch [1.1] and getting to grips with the game [passed all the tutorials]

Oh and enjoy your holiday :)

How did you fail the first allied mission? It's as easy as the tutorials :p

If you could show me how to beat the mission you're on in the Soviet campaign, i would be thankful. I've beaten the first two in the Soviet campaign and the first in the allied.

I failed the mission because the paratroopers were killed, i captured one of the ouposts and waited to heal my men.....while my guys were being healed the paras were being slaughtered :rolleyes:

I have stopped at the third mission, when i do it i will let you know :) -- my first try did not go so well so i went and had a deathmatch to practice more. I decided to take out the cannons on the hill and suffered heavy losses, by the time my 4 infantrymen and 2 tanks made it back to the star i realised i had a barracks to create men :eek:o

kenneththegreat said:
I figured out you were supposed to kill the Tiger that was killing the paras first :rolleyes:

:p

i somehow didnt notice it

kenneththegreat said:
The blinking yellow marker on your minimap didn't help at all, did it :p

:rofl:

its amazing the things that can slip your attention isnt it?

@ Kenneth and Gul:

So how did you guys like it?

Let us know the good and the bad (and the not understood). :)

[SR]Caveman said:
@ Kenneth and Gul:

So how did you guys like it?

Let us know the good and the bad (and the not understood). :)

Ah you are back, enjoy your holiday? Is there a future patch in the works?

Gul Brown said:
Ah you are back, enjoy your holiday? Is there a future patch in the works?

It was great. We went to Croatia and the Balaton (largest lake in Central Europe located in Hungary). :)

As for patches, one was released a while ago and another is appearing very soon. You should see an announcement in the near future on the www.rushforberlin.com forum boards.

The upcoming patch will also including modding tools: a mapmaker and a tool to change the stats, abilities etc of units in the game. Lots of goodies.

Sounds good, i ill get it when its released !

Chipchat2 said:
I have it and really, really, regret buying it. I was suckered in by Fredrick and the Paradox Blog.

Thats too bad. Perhaps you would like to share your thoughts on the game and why you regretted your choice?

[SR]Caveman said:
Thats too bad. Perhaps you would like to share your thoughts on the game and why you regretted your choice?

I didn't know it was a Resource-based RTS until I started playing the game. I had Imagined the game as one where you are given a set army during a battle. Perhaps I got this impression becaue I had confused this game with Take Command: Second Manassas, since Paradox is publishing it and you begin with full armies in that game.WW2 is such a miserable setting for a RTS where manpower and vehicles magically pop out of a building, in the middle of a battle.

Making a WWII RTS is like making a fantasy RPG, the market is so saturated that a game needs to really be origional and to stand out above the rest. On the whole I would say that it doesn't have very innovative gameplay (aside form the use of the special late WW2 weapons), and I think that RTS's have a burden to add something to the evolution of RTS's.

I couldn't finish the second Tutorial because I have to take over a medic post, but no matter how many times I right-click the flag (and I have to right click it on a small and precise spot near the base of the flag in order to give the right order) the German flag does not lower. I think it might be the German soldiers in the buildings guarding it, but they wont die no matter how many times they are shot. Same with my guys. I sat there for twenty minutes watching these immortal soldiers shoot at each other,

Also, I'm sure you've had your fill of this, but I haven't felt comfortable with Starforce ever since they hurt Galactic civilizations 2

Last edited:
Hey Chipchat2,

Thanks for coming back and sharing your thoughts. When you post things like this, sometimes there are easy answers to alleviate your frustrations.

I'll give it a shot and maybe you will be more interested in continuing. But maybe not. ;)

Resource based: You are indeed correct. However, there is no resource gathering if that makes a difference to you. You are given a set amount of points to spend which regenerate at such a slow rate that you will barely notice.

Part of the reasoning behind this was so that you, the player, can choose your army on the fly. A lot of games make you choose beforehand which units you want (and to a limited extent so does RFB) but we wanted to also have a focus on letting the player evaluate the map and enemy forces and then choose what to throw against the enemy. Also, it ties in very well with our concept of time. The more time you spend building units, the lower your score is at the end of the mission. So production becomes more of a tactical decision this way.

If none of that works, we have a modding patch coming out very soon. In it, you will be able to alter any map (or make your own) with only set armies. No production at all. :)

Mouse Jerky: This would be a tech help question so if you want to tell me about your mouse, maybe I can help.

Clickable Circles: The size of the circles depends on your screen resolution. Maybe lowering it would help you out.

The Flag: In order to lower the flag, you don't need to click on it. You just need to stay close enough to it. If there are no enemies nearby, the flag will lower by itself. But it sounds like the soldiers guarding it are not dying (which would prevent the flag from lowering). Therefore, it seems you have found a bug. Try downloading the patch and hopefully that will clear it up. If not, let me know. Worst case, skip that tutorial and jump right in.

Gal Civ II: You're right that SF did a bad thing. But, it didn't hurt Gal Civ, it helped them tremendously. They got tons and tons of good press for this. SF got tons and tons of really bad press for this. This turned into a huge publicity boon for the makers of Gal Civ.

Thanks for the reply caveman, I like how you're on top of things.

I've gotten into the campaign, and am enjoying it more than I thought I would from teh tutorials. The clickable circles thing and mouse jerkyness might have been just me getting used to the feel of the game, and it seems more comfortable now.

Chipchat2 said:
Thanks for the reply caveman, I like how you're on top of things.

I've gotten into the campaign, and am enjoying it more than I thought I would from teh tutorials. The clickable circles thing and mouse jerkyness might have been just me getting used to the feel of the game, and it seems more comfortable now.

Great!!!

Let me know if you get stuck or have any problems. :)

[SR]Caveman said:
Great!!!

Let me know if you get stuck or have any problems. :)

Hey, i will need to check for any recent patches on gamersgate- i have been away for quite awhile.