• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I understand enough of it.

I think that answered all my unanswered questions quite nicely.

Thanks for your help Gukan. ;)

This is from the Gamer's Gate site:
This game utilizes copy-protection technology that will lock the game to the computer you first install it on!

Personally, I'm in the market for a new PC, but I won't be buying it for a few months. Does this mean that if I buy the game now, and install it on my machine, that I won't be able to install it on any PC i buy in the future?

[SR]Caveman - just like to say thanks for spending the time to talk to me [us] here.

So on my downloaded version is it just an online check and thats it?

If i do install it i fully intend on letting you guys hear about how it went, if it is just an onine check that oesnt seem so bad atall, alot of these horror stories i have read have been to do with the drivers.

Yakman said:
This is from the Gamer's Gate site:

Personally, I'm in the market for a new PC, but I won't be buying it for a few months. Does this mean that if I buy the game now, and install it on my machine, that I won't be able to install it on any PC i buy in the future?

That would be up to Paradox. However, I believe they have a way to contact them about the downloadable version. So you would have to confirm with them. There is a possibility that you could install it on another computer provided that you uninstalled it from the first computer. That would be my guess.

However, before purchasing, I would ask them about this. I know it is possible to do multiple reinstalls but am not certain about switching PC's.

Gul Brown said:
[SR]Caveman - just like to say thanks for spending the time to talk to me [us] here.

If i do install it i fully intend on letting you guys hear about how it went, if it is just an onine check that oesnt seem so bad atall, alot of these horror stories i have read have been to do with the drivers.

Yep. But it does verify your system so that the server knows it is you if you need to reinstall the game.

[SR]Caveman said:
That would be up to Paradox. However, I believe they have a way to contact them about the downloadable version. So you would have to confirm with them. There is a possibility that you could install it on another computer provided that you uninstalled it from the first computer. That would be my guess.

However, before purchasing, I would ask them about this. I know it is possible to do multiple reinstalls but am not certain about switching PC's.
ah...

thanks.

Yakman said:
ah...

thanks.

My pleasure.

Legally, I believe you are only allowed to have it installed on one computer. However, I don't know how Paradox would deal with switching that one legal copy from one computer to another. But I reckon it is something they have dealt with before so they should have an answer.

We made the game but Paradox deals with the distribution issues. But if you find out the answer, please post it here in case others are interested.

Gul Brown said:

http://www.gamersgate.net/support/?info=faq#faq2

GamersGate said:
02. Can I play my game on another Computer?
Yes you can! You will be able to access it from wherever you are, as long as you have an internet connection and a computer capable of running the game (and if required, the GamersGate Downloader).

Thanks Nikolai. ;)

I believe that answers Yakman's question too.

This all has been very helpful, definently thinking of taking that plunge! Thanks again.

Gul Brown said:
This all has been very helpful, definently thinking of taking that plunge! Thanks again.

Well we are still here. So if you do, we wanna hear how it went.

And if there are more questions, please ask them.

01. Will I receive a CD/DVD-ROM?
No - and you don't need one!
For some products you need to download and install the GamersGate Downloader (click link for more information). This application is the easiest way to fetch and install the game for you.

02. Can I play my game on another Computer?
Yes you can! You will be able to access it from wherever you are, as long as you have an internet connection and a computer capable of running the game (and if required, the GamersGate Downloader).

03. How often will I be charged to use the product?
Just once, when you buy the game from us. After that the game is yours, and you can play your game as often as you like.

04. My credit card is being rejected
At the moment we only accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club International. If there is a problem with one of those cards, please contact your card issuer to resolve it and then return to our website to try it again. The most common reason for failure is that the card issuing banks for some reason denies the transaction. Only your bank can tell you exactly why.

05. Can I buy a product without a credit card?
Currently we only accept credit cards.

06. Online Transaction Safety?
Your transaction is secure. Ztorm protects transactions by using VeriSign SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. In short, SSL encrypts information you are sending through the Internet, into a complex code that no one else can read or change. SSL is just as secure as if you use your credit card at a restaurant or in a store.

07. Do I have to connect to the Internet every time to play the game?
No. Only when running the installation (if the product requires the GamersGate Downloader).

If all the Starforce does is do an online check why is there talk of it potentially damaging the PC in the EULA agreement? Sorry to keep with the questions guys.

To be honest I do not know.

I am not entirely sure who wrote which EULA's. My guess would be that Paradox wrote the EULA for the downloadable version but they would have to confirm that.

As to why they said it, it may just be a smart move from a legal standpoint. The purpose of a EULA is to absolve yourself of any liability. So that could be why.

Ubisoft got sued for not mentioning it in their EULA. So, that is probably the legal precedent for that inclusion.

But that is just my guess.

The answer can only come from whomever chose to include that in the EULA. Or who asked that it be put into the EULA.

[SR]Caveman said:
To be honest I do not know.

I am not entirely sure who wrote which EULA's. My guess would be that Paradox wrote the EULA for the downloadable version but they would have to confirm that.

As to why they said it, it may just be a smart move from a legal standpoint. The purpose of a EULA is to absolve yourself of any liability. So that could be why.

Ubisoft got sued for not mentioning it in their EULA. So, that is probably the legal precedent for that inclusion.

But that is just my guess.

The answer can only come from whomever chose to include that in the EULA. Or who asked that it be put into the EULA.

Ah right ofcourse, well if it is just an online check and no drivers then it seems fine.

Dang you are fast at responding. :cool:

If you want to wait for someone from Paradox to comment on that, feel free.

Like I said, I didn't write it so I don't know why it was included.

[SR]Caveman said:
Dang you are fast at responding. :cool:

If you want to wait for someone from Paradox to comment on that, feel free.

Like I said, I didn't write it so I don't know why it was included.

:D Yes im fast at responding, when in good company and all :p

Well if it is just for legal purposes its fine [and understandable] like i said if its only an online check its ok.

So does that mean you are ready to take the plunge now?

[SR]Caveman said:
So does that mean you are ready to take the plunge now?

i think so yeah, i think i will

Gul Brown said:
i think so yeah, i think i will

Good luck and enjoy the game. Make sure you let me know how it went, if you don't mind. ;)

[SR]Caveman said:
Good luck and enjoy the game. Make sure you let me know how it went, if you don't mind. ;)

Oh i will if everything is fine you deserve it to be said.