• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is an unexpected (but pleasant) surprise, to be bequeathed with such an honour again after so long an absence. Thank you, Qorten, I'm glad you think highly enough of my writing to send such an award my way!

Thanks to all of my fans who stuck with me despite my long absences, I promise tomorrow's update will be posted in a timely fashion!

This is a day later than intended, but I got wrapped up playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution over the weekend. So sorry! I haven't had a lot of time to search and read out new AARs, so I decided to pick the most noticable of the ones I'm already reading.

I would like to nominate A Yorks, a relatively new AAR writer, for the character of King Philippe I of France, House of Capet, from their AAR Charlemagne's Legacy - A Capetian AAR, who despite only a few updates I have already grown fond of and presents for me a strong, believeable image of a Parisian King.

Congratulations, A Yorks!

Well, I am pleasantly surprised by this development indeed, I'm sorry to say that I might be a little delayed in things at the moment, as Hurricane Irene has the electricity at my house offline, and I won't have it back for a few days (I'm posting from a classroom computer at the moment). Thank you, Saithis, for nominating me.

I'm not, erm... I'm not entirely sure how all of this works, if somebody could explain it to me please :eek:o I don't have access to the first post at the moment (the classroom filter will not allow it), so that would be much appreciated. Thank you

You're welcome.

It's not hard, all you have to do is, a week from now, nominate another author who hasn't been nominated for a year or so to be the next Writer of the Week - if you aren't able to make it you could probably ask someone else to step in.

Well done A Yorks! Congratulations :)

Congratulations Avindian.

Well done Avindian. Congratulations :)

Congratulations, Avindian!

A well-deserved award; love your Empire of Tuscany/Italy AAR!

I would have nominated a new person already, but I only just found out I won! :wacko: I'd like to nominate loki100's entertaining AAR "E-mails from EtAARnity" as the new Character AAR of the week!

thank you Avindian, very much appreciated. Its been an odd AAR (to be honest rather self-indulgent) that seems to have attracted relatively few comments but a lot of kudos, so not sure how to interpret that ... and for my alter-ego, Harry, its now his third character award so I may have to invent something else for him to muck up when Venezuela reaches its inevitable demise at his hands. Since I can't sustain a plot and my characters appear and disappear on a regular basis - with no coherent logic - compared to others on these forums I feel I don't really use characters properly.

On the other hand, its time to see another crocodile made into a handbag and, yet again, update my signature ...