• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats!

Congratulations AlexanderPrimus!

My goodness, this is quite an honor!

Firstly, I'd like to personally thank General_BT for his consideration in bestowing this award upon me. He is both a highly skilled writer and a good friend, not to mention my AARland mentor, if you will.

Second, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to my AAR in one way or another: those who offer suggestions or comments, those who encourage me in my writing, and finally my readers. You have all helped keep my story going.

So for those of you who are unfamiliar with my AAR, I had better explain Chronicles of the Golden Cross just a little bit.

The story begins in 1186, at the commencement of King Guy's reign, in the crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem. The first generation of characters, such as Queen Sibylla and Reynald de Chatillon, are based on real historical people. I have simply tried to interpret them in a new and interesting manner. The upcoming generation, however, is a mixture of new characters and widely reinterpreted ones.

For the sake of example, I'll use BT's favorite characters. Godfrey II is a brand new character, the youngest child and only son of King Guy and Queen Sibylla. Historically, Sibylla died of an illness before she could give birth to a son, but given the counter-factual nature of the AAR, in my timeline she survived to bear a son. Godfrey has developed and grown throughout the story from an easily manipulated young prince to an upstanding, stalwart young king. The future holds many twists and turns for him.

Frederica of Egypt, on the other hand, is based very loosely on the historical Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II. However, in my timeline, this character was born a female, and is thus removed from the German succession. Through a complex series of events, she becomes the Queen of a new crusader Kingdom of Egypt. She is just as sensual and religiously ambivalent as the real Frederick, but her feminine wiles make her much more deadly.

In conclusion, I would like to once again thank everyone very much for your support, and in a week's time I shall announce the next recipient of the Character WritAAR of the Week awAARd!

Well it seems like I missed a week so belated congratulations is in order to General_BT…

And then on to this week’s winner, congratulations AlexanderPrimus, well done :)

Congratulations AP!

Well, I'd say it's high time I chose a successor for this award.

First of all, let me once again thank all of my friends and supporters, especially General_BT for bestowing this award upon me.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

As my successor, I choose... Capibara, author of Italy: Tales of Friendship, Treason, Love and Death.

Capibara's protagonist, Giovanni, is a compelling, well-written character. But this is not all; the supporting characters of Giuseppe, Giulio, and other Italian characters whose name start with 'G' are all very interesting and add a great deal to the story.

So Capibara, allow me to be the first to congratulate you, the new Character Writer of the Week!

Well done , Arturo :D Congratulations !

Congratulations Capibara! Well deserved!

Well done Capibara, congratulations :)

First of all, I want to thank AlexanderPrimus for chosing me for this award, I'm very honored. This is is my first narrative AAR and I'm very glad how it has progressed chapter after chapter, just as it's characters. I want to thank my readers for supporting me all along and for giving inspiration for such wonderful characters as Ranieri and the Bulls, thank you all! I hope I can keep you reading my AAR and that you enjoy just as much as I've enjoyed every chapter I've written. Thanks again!