• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Der Kaiser!

Another victory for the defunct royalty of Germany I see. :p
Congratulations DerKaiser! :)

Excellent choice theHyphenated1! And congratulations DerKaiser!

Congratulations!

Well done DerKaiser, congratulations :)

Congratulations, DerKaiser!

Well deserved, to be sure!

Rensslaer

Thank you very much indeed! I don't think I can quite match my predecessor's speech, so perhaps I won't try! But I will say a couple of things...

Firstly, obviously, thanks very much to TheHyphenated1 for nominating me! It's great to have someone really enjoying the AAR and the characters that much, and it's a massive honour!

Secondly, just to say that I'm really pleased to have won this particular brand of the weekly AARland awards. TheHyphenated1 mentioned that characters aren't the focus of his AAR, but they certainly are of mine- even in updates that take the history-book format they are the focus and they drive the story forward. I have put the most thought and attention into them, and so it's great to win this award, and I hope this can count as some kind of evidence that people are enjoying reading about them as much as I'm enjoying writing about them!

Fortunately, I think this particular moment is a good one for my characters as so many life-changing events are taking place, so to those that are my readers of mine I can promise some important stuff in the coming updates, and to those that aren't readers, I can shamelessly advertise myself by assuring you that any time is the perfect time to jump on board!

Anyways, huge thanks again to everyone who has wished congratulations, and particularly to TheHyphenated1 for passing on the award to me. I will look for a suitable successor!

DerKaiser

Was it any question? Congrats Kaiser!

Congrats Kaiser!

Thanks to those that have wished me congratulations since my "acceptance speech", though I should respond to TheHyphenated1...

You're entirely right- I should have nominated someone else by now, but unfortunately I have 3 of the hardest exams of my life this week, and I just don't have time to read through and make a properly informed choice yet.

I promise you a successor, then, on Thursday evening!

rcduggan said:
Looks like a successor is [long] overdue.

A Kaiser is never late.