• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Fulcrumvale :)

Ah yes, so great at character building he gets the description wrong...

That's it Konrad, leave him alone! :sigh:

I honestly don't remember the initial description, so I couldn't be confused by it. No doubt his personal historians slipped in and wrote that part. :) I think the best characters are the ones who slip their molds and develop naturally - it seems Bernard did just that!

It makes sense though, and that's why Bernard works so well: Given the situation in that time period, I could easily see Bernard getting...enthusiastic about getting and maintaining control. Well done and certainly well deserved!

Congratulations Fulcrumvale! :)

:cool: Many congratualtions! :cool:

Fulcrumvale said:
The award is a bit of an odd fit because I haven’t actually written Bernard in narrative format yet. So far, A History of Baden has been solely history-book format. I have been focusing a lot ton the characters and I have often given descriptions of their positions on various problems, but I’ve never really shown any of them in the process of thinking, weighing their options etc.
Which is exactly why I decided to nominate you. Characterisation is hardly restricted to narrative, as your own AAR so ably demonstrates.

Ooh! I know this one! :D

I've actually been reading History of Baden this past week. I voted for you for the AARLand Choice AwAARds, because I'm exceptionally impressed by your depth and storytelling in this AAR.

I agree with Stnylan -- capturing a character is more than just a dramatic depiction. It's how you explain his motivations and how he fits into history, too.

Congratulations, Fulcrumvale! Great work.

Rensslaer

I'll add my echo to the chorus, congrats Fulcrumvale!

Congratulations Fulcrumvale! ! :cool:

Very many congratulations CatKnight!

Well deserved CatKnight, congratulations :)

Knowing CatKnight's great ability to create characters, I can say this is entirely deserved, and perhaps even too long in coming!

Congrats, CatKnight! :)

Hey guys, sorry for the late response, but thanks for the nomination, its truely an honor! It's very nice to be getting awards despite my obvious lack of involvement around here lately. That should all change soon though, keep an eye out for me and thanks again!