• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done akaioi, congratulations :)

Congrats akaioi!

Congrats akaioi! I'll have a look at your AAR. I like good characters and haven't read comedy in a while. ;)

Thanks again, and new nominee tonight!

Hey folks, thanks again for the good words. I have tried to dedicate my reign to the spread of joy, love, the clangor of battle against the heathen, and, of course, good character writing! ;)

God willing and the creek don't rise, I should be able to post up the new winner tonight.

A New Winner

After reading around, I have to pick Cohort's "Do Sirens Sing for Saxony" (available here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304903)

The central conceit is that there is a secret diary passed from advisor to advisor, documenting the happenings of the realm over generations. So I'm really giving the award for the sum total of characters! What I really like is how the advisor's personality sometimes pushes to the fore (for instance really lambasting a bad King), or sometimes barely peeks through with a carefully-chosen word (perhaps the use of "heretical" to describe a certain set of enemies), like a minimalist Chinese painting ... use your brushstrokes wisely, for you do not get many.

Congratulations Cohort!

Ak

Congratulations Cohort ! Well done !

akaioi said:
After reading around, I have to pick Cohort's "Do Sirens Sing for Saxony" (available here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304903)

The central conceit is that there is a secret diary passed from advisor to advisor, documenting the happenings of the realm over generations. So I'm really giving the award for the sum total of characters! What I really like is how the advisor's personality sometimes pushes to the fore (for instance really lambasting a bad King), or sometimes barely peeks through with a carefully-chosen word (perhaps the use of "heretical" to describe a certain set of enemies), like a minimalist Chinese painting ... use your brushstrokes wisely, for you do not get many.

Congratulations Cohort!

Ak

Thanks very much for your kind words. It's always nice to hear good things from readers. I'm glad that you have enjoyed the 'unofficial' chronicles of Saxony. Actually, I started off having AI advisors as my 'narrators' but they kept dying on me... :eek: So I switched to a device where I could invent a narrator-advisor of my own, whose life span I could control myself! It worked well enough I think.

At any rate, I'll be winding up Saxony's story over the next week and will have to think about a new AAR - although I will wait for the soon to be released version of Magna Mundi before starting.

I will be happy to post my own vote for the next AAR in a week's time...

Cheers, Cohort

Last edited:
Well done Cohort, congratulations :)

akaioi said:
Say, shouldn't someone rename this thread to "... of the Week: cohort"? :eek:

Mods? Mods? Bueller?
it takes a little while for someone to change it.

congrats cohort!

Many congratulations.

Congrats Cohort!

A New Winner Announced!

It’s time to announce a new weekly winner.

After careful consideration and an insane amount of caffeine, I have to give the nod to anonymous4401, for his extremely funny AAR: Tibet: World’s Biggest Empire (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305158)

The central character in this wonderful tale (which I hope the author will keep updating!), is Andrew Warden, PHD and time-traveller. Andrew is an Arthur Dent-ish fellow who catapults himself back in time to become a semi-valued advisor to the yak-carving Tibetan royal house.

While Andrew Warden acts as contemporary (and often panic-stricken) observer, the AAR is full of other hilarious characters, who populate the Himalayan kingdom’s landscape. This is by far the funniest comedy AAR that I have read thus far.

So without further ado, congratulations to anonymous4401. Come on down and take a bow!

Cohort

Congratulations anonymous4401! :)

So Le Ran isn't the only one with a funny Tibet AAR now then ;)

Congratulations anon !

General Jac said:
So Le Ran isn't the only one with a funny Tibet AAR now then ;)
no he isn't because there was once a man named peter ebbesen not because of whatever i did though

nope can't accept this award since there's no 'character writing'