• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grats, Sai!

Congratulations, de Guiscard!

And also to Saithis! I don't often make it over here, but Saithis' name caught my eye.

I haven't gotten to read your new AAR, but I very much enjoyed your HOI 3 Challenge AAR about the German-Polish invasion! Great work!

Rensslaer

Congratulations, Sai! Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Congratulations Saithis.:)

Congratulations Saithis!

Oh god, this means I have to transfer the piece over to my laptop to finish the new update right away, doesn't it?

I'm sorry that I haven't gotten around to updating it...RL has been hectic, although I have finished the update in writing, just need to do the pictures for it at this point. I'm glad to see that people are still interested and I'm surprised to get yet another award for a piece that has become practically a once-a-month-if-even-then thing for me right now. I should really get more active about it all so you can shower me with more praise and love. ;)

Thanks everyone!

It is not fishing for compliments when I do sometimes voice my misgivings with my own writing, how I do often consider it tripe I am deeply unhappy with. But then some kind soul comes along and reminds me how Furor Normannicus and its characters, first and foremost Serlo de Hauteville, seem to resonate emotionally with quite a few people, and I realize again how resonating emotionally with people is far from nothing, shortcomings of the writing aside. On this level, too – maybe more on this than on any other – it is therefore wonderful to receive this award as a reminder that some people are really touched by my characters. Thank you.

P.S. Guiscard - I understand your position there 100% ;)

P.P.S. Phargle manages to put innuendo into my award comments as well as my AAR and tops it off with taking me out of his sig? THIS MEANS WAR! ;D

Last edited:
Congratulations Saithis!

Gratz Saithis!

Thanks again to everyone for their show of support (a week later, there's finally an update! Wee!)

It's time for me to pass this on and this was hard to do as I had not had much time to read over my options. I finally settled on one I particularly like and feel deserves recognition.

I'd like to pass this on to Uriah for the character of the Filing Administrator in
Rank and File: A clerk's war Germany 1936 (ver 1.3)

I found it an imaginative approach to an often overdone subject and the character of the clerk shone through and captured my interest in a topic where I almost never pay attention (I'm so done with Germany HOI AARs). I can't approve enough of the creativity involved here.

I hope others agree with what I think is a fantastic portrayal of an ordinary man caught in the middle of the Administration.

Last edited:
Congrats Uriah ! :D

Congratulations!