• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose that these things always come as a surprise but perhaps particularly so in this case given that I've been virtually absent from AARland after a rough few weeks. So thanks to Director for this nod (and for inadvertently supplying me, through his own AAR, with a list of American generals whom Santa Anna can test his wits against :) ), to my readers (especially those who have managed to keep up with my erratic schedule), and everyone above

Santa Anna is just one of those fascinating characters from history that you'd dismiss as completely unrealistic if you didn't know better. He dominated Mexican politics for more than two decades; during which time he managed to fight, and occasionally defeat, the Spanish (for and against), the French, Texans, Americans, and many, many Mexican armies. He was a liberal and a conservative; a patriot and a traitor; a shrewd businessman and relentless gambler. And all this is the historical figure... if anything the Santa Anna that features in my AAR must seem tame by comparison!

Funnily enough, I recall reading as a child about some crazy Mexican president who held a funeral for his leg. The image stuck with me but the details were largely forgotten until Santa Anna cropped up in 'A Special Providence' and my interest in the character was sparked again. So thanks once more to Director

Okay, time to pass this honour on. I'm slightly late but there was a little affair called St Patrick's Day interrupting my week. I'm sure you all understand

Regardless, one of the very few advantages to dropping out of AARland for a while is the wealth of fresh talent invariably greets your return. One that's jumped out at me of late is a tale of a battling Polish king, his dysfunctional family, and the harsh realities of governing medieval Poland. Check out how Boleslaw Piast is doing in My brother, my king. Polish AAR and join me in congratulating Fluffammable

Very many congratulations :D

Congrats to you! (And belatedly also to ComradeOrm! )

Cheers :)

I didn't realize all that many people had been reading the story. Thanks to ComradeOm for the nomination and to everyone for their interest. I shall nominate my successor at the start of next week, but for this weekend you are stuck in my iron fist. :p

On the subject of AARs, I think that Crusader Kings: Deus Vult offers a great platform for this type of fanfiction, especially so for really getting into the motives of individual characters. Playing the game and coming up with AARs on the side has really improved my writing (With English not being my mother tongue and all that) as well as my fiction (Sometimes seemingly arbitrary events in a game is all it takes to fire up one's imagination). In conclusion I would like to encourage everyone to try their hand at writing an AAR, it can be quite rewarding.

Congratulations Fluffammable :)

And so time has come for me to pass on the title (I'm a bit late in doing so, I apologize). I nominate:

daemonofdecay for his/her Padishah Giyasuddin I in The Sublime State - An Ottoman AAR

I find it amazing how much meat daemonofdecay has been able to put around the bone that is a Monarch in EU3. I would also like to congratulate him/her for an interesting choice of narrating technique. I linked the 11th page of the AAR (With Giyasuddin's reign being depicted on pages 11-14), but be sure to read about the reign of his father as well (1-11).

Many congratulations , sir ! :D

Well done daemonofdecay :)

Congratulations!