• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Director. It's been as fun for us to read these characters as it has for you to create them. And this honor is yet another reminder that I need to get caught up. :eek:o I promise I will soon.

Congratulations !

Congratulations!

Congratulations, maestro!

Congrats Director, another well-deserved award in a short time, nice work.

Woo-Hoo! Congrats. Providence should be on everyone's to read list.

Well done, Porter! Well deserved. You not only bring characters to life, they are living breathing beings who love, hate, and seem REAL. You don't create caricatures, you create people.....

Well done my friend.

It should be perfectly obvious to the most casual observer that this forum desperately needs...

an icon for jaw-dropping astonishment.

We already have some for embarassment :eek:o so I can use that one when I say I am embarassed that I have not checked this before today. My reason - there is no excuse - is that I've been at work every day for the past week including both of my supposed days-off.

Thank you, TheExecuter - I don't know that I agree with you but I humbly do accept.

See, coz1, I do too know the meaning of 'humbly'. I just don't have to use it much. ;)

'Special Providence' is in many ways the most ambitious thing I've ever tackled. IF it works it should be a condensed little novel, with sections that move between character-oriented dialog and sweeping, history-book style prose. The canvas is gigantic - the United States - and the tale is an epic American struggle between personal liberty (including the rights to make mistakes and be a damn fool) and authoritarian tyranny.

The list of American 'characters' is so long and varied - Andrew Jackson, Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, James Polk, Winfield Scott, Sam Houston, Abraham Lincoln, and on and on and on - that no writer can do them justice. I have tried to breathe a little life into a few of them, but characterization and dialog are NOT my strong points.

That is the sole reason I started 'Providence', for there is certainly nothing remarkable so far about the game. Heh. Heh. I'm not ready to write professionally yet - I may never be - but if I am, it will be in large part due to the opportunity offered by this forum and to the help I've received from my readers.

One last word. If you don't comment, you don't count. If you cannot spare the seconds and keystrokes to say, 'Nice job' or 'Tell me more about that,' then you are not paying your way. Take the plunge - say something in the next AAR you read. Pay your way. ;)

Thank you!

good speech... you must be getting used to these now :D At about 1 page per day, i will soon catch up (think i'm on page 16 now) then i will comment in earnest... promise :)

Very good speech! I think we need one of those bow-icons to express how stunned we are at certain AAR's...