• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats!

:cool: Congratulations, my good friend! Always well deserved! :cool:

Are you subscribed to these prizes, canonized? :p You keep racking them up. Heck, it has to be a good sign of quality -- someday, sometime, somehow, I promise I'll catch up with it.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, canonized! Certainly well deserved!

Well done...as you know, I am very far back in the AAR, but I am actively rooting for characters, hoping for re-appearances and all sorts of things people do with characters who are believable in a work of fiction.

Hey!

Congratulations!

Excellent choice. Congratulations :)

Congratulations XD Still waiting for your earth shattering speech!

I had been so busy this week that I hadn't had a good chance to make my acceptance speech and it's already time to hand it off ! Nonetheless , I'd like to do both here !

First and foremost , I am humbled and absolutely flattered by comagoosie's praise and selection of characters . It is a great honour and privilege to be named by Our Dear Goose (as we sometimes call him) for this award and I am deeply touched by the well wishes of the community .

The fact that comagoosie was the one who handed this award to us is perhaps all the more compelling because of the humility and citizenship of this young man . Around the same age that I was dabbling with my first bouts of creative writing , comagoosie has already shown a great leap in his storytelling and has quickly advanced as a rising star in AARland . His potential is a field of treasures before him that he has yet to reap .

The honour is indeed made present by comagoosie's own hard attention to his characters and the way that he has successfully applied a new revolution to the treatment of great men . He continues to surprise and delight us with his work in Rome and his AAR For Rome's Honor and treats , with finesse , the otherwise canonical interpretation of Julius Caesar . He gives us a portrait of a man before he became Great and , in doing so , has in many ways completed the characterisation of the man through his fiction writing .

But comagoosie is more than his growing skills as a writer . He is a dedicated fan and friend not just to me but to so many on the forum . He is the new guy who makes a name for himself not by extolling his virtues but by encouraging the works of others and being actively involved in the AARlander , as a LibrAARian , and other functionaries of AARland . Thank you very much comagoosie !

---​

I suppose I should take this time like other awardees to say something about the characters of Timelines though honestly comagoosie has already done a great job showcasing several of his favourite characters that I don't really have too much to say . I suppose I will announce that Timelines will be going into its Third Season and that means a new set of characters as well as further developements of the ones we already have . I'd also like to remind everone that Timelines now has chapter summaries and we'll soon have pdfs available ! So please come check us out !

And now to announce the next Character Writer of the Week !

When I was thinking of choosing someone for this next award , I had many excellent choices . Many of my favourites had already won awards recently . My perennial CK favourites (General_BT's , AlexanderPrimus's , crusaderknight's etc) had already won and so had my favourites in Rome (EP and , of course , comagoosie) and Vicky (DerKaiser , of course , that silly Oxfordian guy !) as well as EUIII (Capibara) as well as those of whom I've read in HOI2 (TheHyphenated1, TreizeV) .

Then I had an interesting idea . I did know of someone who was long overdue for one and had never won the award before . He , however , does not write a narrative AAR . That's what made me think , what does it mean to award someone a character writer of the week ? The first reaction might be to award an amazing narrative and its characters . The characters develope and they are exposed expertly . However , I also started to apply this to another genre: The History Book AAR . I'm , by no means , the first to probably do this , but I thought that History Books are often overlooked in their exposition of characters and their treatment of both historical and fictional individuals . I am reminded that the one who gave me this award (comagoosie) is indeed writing about a historical figure . So then , the tone of voice is the only difference .

So I looked at my candidate's AAR and I've come to realise that he puts just as much effort , and just as much finesse into the developement of the players in his AAR as in narrative AARs .

It is therefore with great pleasure that I give you today the next Best Character Writer of the Week: Estonianzulu author of "The Footsteps of Illustrious Men"- USA GC AAR .

For which characters have I been impressed with his treatment of to name him for this award ? There are plenty , and that's perhaps what's the most tantalising about the way he writes his characterisations . It's almost like a play by play of unique individuals slightly twisted from their original designations but still retaining that gravitas which makes you wonder "who will win this election , I like this one , no this one , how could I vote for someone like that ? Did someone like this really exist ? What a contradiction this one is !" His Red Republican Hubert Work , for example , struck me as an interesting twist to accomodate the new Timeline occuring in his story .

So thank you zulu for always entertaining us with a complex ensemble cast . I hope you continue to do so in the future and let us all give a round of applause to this wonderful star of the Vicky sub-forum and to the community !