• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Mettermrck ! Your in depth character writing has always been an inspiration around the board ; it's an honour to be your friend and a point of pride to call you a Tempus colleague !

Congratulations Mettermrck! :) You must be really old since cthulhu speaks of you like you are his peer :D.

As one old fart to another, congrats Met! As always, very well deserved! :cool:

Congrats Mettermrck!

Excellent choice. One of the great writers on the board that have created a lot of wonderful and great characters.

Congratulations Mett :)

Congrats Mettermrck!

congrats!

I've been long absent from this thread. I can cite busy-ness, but that would be a poor excuse.

I'm sure I've missed many tremendous authors.

But Mettermrck is one of those stellar authors on this forum who I know without needing to stop and consider even one moment deserves the Gold Award in this thread! :D

Mett, your characters, and the depth of your portrayals, have moved me! Keep up the great work. Thank you for bringing your characters before us!

Congratulations!

Rensslaer

p.s. Congratulations also to Cthulhu, and Amona -- two other authors whose work I have followed and greatly admired!

Congratulations Mettermrck! Two big events in one week (well, this is quite a bit smaller than the other :) )!

Nice work, Mett. It's been far to long since I last read Eagles, but it is chockablock with rich and interesting characters. Very well deserved! Congrats!

Thanks all! Old fart or not, it is always nice to have one's work and characters recognized. :) It's interesting that Eagles gets noted at this point for its old characters, tried and true, just as I begin part 3, which is including introductions of several new ones...from the clergyman Laurentius to the Frankish noble, Ranulf. Hopefully they'll live up to the adventures of the original crew. :) I also have to tip my hat to VJ, whose characters are easily as much a part of this story as my own. Hesta, Regulus and others fascinate me as much as my own Remus, Selenus, and Claudius. Thanks again!

Now to the next Character Writer. In the past, I've gone to those I was familiar with, other old farts. :) This time, as I am becoming fast familiar with a new generation of excellent writers, I wanted to find someone who hadn't been recognized for this award yet or at least not recently. It's pretty hard, since this community is shrewd at recognizing talent.

My successor is one whose AAR I am relatively new to, yet I fell into the medieval tale of German intrigue as quickly as I have into any period novel of this era. His tales of intrigue, deception, politics, and war in the tangled web we call the HRE have captivated me from the first post I stumbled across. He seamlessly integrates his storylines into the CK game proper, best of all with his vivid characters and their motivations. They come to life so well, you can almost smell the ink on the parchment.

And so I'd like to recognize Snugglie for his fine work in Lotharingia - A tale of resurrection! :)

Many congratulations Snugglie.