• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed, a great portrayal of a classic villain. Congratulations!

ComradeOm said:
Anyone know why Cardinals are always villains?

A man in a red dress? Surely you must expect some sort of deviancy from such a person as a matter of course?

Congrats, E-Man. :)

Congrats Lord E! :D (I bet little kenny would be glad on your behalf too :p )

Well what to say….

I am surprised, but also very honoured to receive this award.

First of all I would like to say thank you very much to coz1 for awarding me this award, I am honoured to get it from such a great writer as you.

Then I have to say thank you very much to all who have said congratulations. I am honoured and glad you enjoy the story. There are many great writers that have given me inspiration for this story, and many great fans that have given comments that have made me continue to write and enjoy writing, the comments are what keep the writers working. So thank you to you all!

The idea for the story actually came from the EUIII Collectors Edition competition, I noticed many people were writing about the cardinal in that story and it gave me some ideas. Also I have read and enjoyed the Three Musketeers and I have always been fascinated by the story.
So when EUIII arrived I thought that it could be very nice to write a story about France in the 1600s, with both the Huguenot wars and the Thirty Years War as a background. And I thought one can’t write such a story without having Cardinal Richelieu in the story… At first I had only planned to have him as a secondary character playing a role in the background, but as the story developed I guess you can say that the cardinal is not a man to stay in the background, and as I found that I really enjoyed writing about him he started to play a more important role, and for all you Richelieu fans out there not to worry I can promise he will continue in the story and we shall soon see more from him…

Again I would like to say thank you very much to everyone :)

Way to go Lord E. Congrats :cool:

Joe

Many congrats, my friend! Well deserved!

Congrats Lord E. I will admit that I have not read your work yet. But, it is these award threads that always push me in the direction of something new.

Alright as my week is about to end I would like to say thank you very much and once again thanks coz1 for nominating me. I am very honoured to receive this award.

And now it is time to pass the award on. It has been extremely difficult to decide because the forum is filled with great characters and writers making the characters come alive. I had several persons in mind for this award and actually had a hard time deciding until I remember one of the first AARs I started reading on the forums. It is an EUI AAR and it has been running since 2002 and it is still going, the last update was posted yesterday…

The story has several great characters, but there is one in particular I would like to mention. The AAR is about Scotland and their King, James. James is actually not just the king, he is a man that has been transported back in time to witness history in the body of the King of Scotland and rule Scotland. The story has given him many adventures, wars and even some love stories…

So for the character James I would like to hand the Best Character Writer of the Week award to…

CitizenPaul

and his AAR: Scotland forever!

Congratulations :)

Congrats, CitizenPaul! And very cool to see a EUI writer winning this! :cool:

coz1 said:
Congrats, CitizenPaul! And very cool to see a EUI writer winning this! :cool:
Indeed! Excellent to see an EU1 AAR/writer get some recognition. Many congratulations.

congratulations man! I don't get over to the Eu1 AAR forums much, but WHOA!

that AAR has been running for so long. glad you can keep it going. :D