• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent choice, I have enjoyed most of the characters that coz1 uses to tell the story, but I have to admit I have a soft spot for the original von Manstein.

Congratulations coz1 :)

Hear hear! And may he continue to provide many more!

Another character award??

Sheesh, coz, this is what...9??

:) Only kidding. Well deserved and well done!

congrats, old chap!

AGAIN ?

Well, since it's deserved (or I suppose it is since, to my shame, I've never managed to read a full AAR from you, even though I'm currently progressing into the west)...

Congrats! :)

Well, to the best of my knowledge, this is only the second time this was passed on to me (and the first time was last summer, I think.) ;) But I certainly do appreciate someone considering me for such an award. I admit, I have not spent too much time on the characters of 40 Years On, just because it's more about the game than anything else, but I did want to try and show that through the various advisors at court, and certainly the original von Manstein was the most well thought out.

I've had a lot of fun writing it and certainly playing the game (up to 1600 now - but we won't get there in the AAR until late in the week, I'd guess.) I truly appreciate all those that are taking the time to stop by and let me know they are reading and enjoying, and I definitely appreciate the hints on gameplay because I am still learning.

Thanks to dag231 who is writing his own quite enjoyable EUIII AAR, along with his other work around here. And thanks to all of you who have stopped by this thread to say congrats. This is a very nice way to start the week. :)

Well done Coz. This is a clear example of why we should avoid the tendency to stay in only a few of the AAR forums, poking my head out of the HOI forums for a moment, I found your wonderful little tale, and am all the better for it!

Very well deserved. :)

Well, the week is up and it is time to pass on the award. Luckily, I have known who I would pass it to since it was given to me. I have been enjoying this AAR and its characters since the very beginning and the writer has done well to give us some great and distinctive characters throughout. But none so much as Cardinal Richelieu.

This week's Character Writer of the Week goes to Lord E for his great work creating the sly and ever-knowing Cardinal. But then - I imagine the Cardinal already knew he was getting this since he knows all and sees all. ;)

Everyone should go and read his The lilies of France. Congrats Lord E. This is very well deserved!