• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Fyregecko! Read the first update, and been meaning to go back and read what I've missed so far. Definitely looked like a good AAR so hopefully I'll get some time to catch up :)

Last edited:
Thank you all :) I wouldn't normally post until it was time to pass on le baton, but just to note: it's FYREgecko, like fire, not FRYE :D

Thank you all :) I wouldn't normally post until it was time to pass on le baton, but just to note: it's FYREgecko, like fire, not FRYE :D

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who actually made the mistake, and everybody else is simply too polite to disagree with me. :) I fixed it in the OP, for what it's worth.

Oops sorry about that :) I was merely going off the guy above me lol but Congrats again!

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who actually made the mistake, and everybody else is simply too polite to disagree with me. :) I fixed it in the OP, for what it's worth.

Never publicly question a mod! :D

(Even if the post in question was in the strangest shade of green I've ever seen... :p)

Congratulations Fyregecko!

Thank you all, especially InvisibleSandwich for his nomnomnomination :) Especially as I've only posted 3 parts thus far!

I'd like to nominate Hyena Dandy, and the character Annabelle of Devon his/her/their intriguing Dulcedine Sanguinis-The Journals of The House of Devon. I normally go for AARs with a strong visual element, but the journal perspective of this AAR really lets the reader get inside the thoughts of this ambitious character.

Congratulations, Hyena Dandy!

Also, as a reminder from your friendly AARland AwAARds TsAAR, the ACAs are presently running. You can find the links in my signature. Happy voting!

This might be as well deserved a character writer of the week as I've seen! Great intensity & suspense in the story and a really well-developed character Annabelle is terrible - a sociopath really - it is a riveting tale. Kudos!

Ooh, I got a shiny! Yay shiny! Thanks very much. And Fyre, he is right. :)

Sunday, sunday, gotta make a choice on Sunday....

Hmmm... Well, I'll be honest. I'm down to two choices, and the choice comes down to one that I enjoyed more, and one that is better on a technical level.

After a great deal of consideration which included two tarot readings and some meditation, because I take this way too seriously, I decided that the reason that the award is given to the winners to decide is so that we can have our color on it. So, that's what I'm going to do. I have no doubt that General_BT's "The Fire and the Cross" will have its day in the sun, because, I'll be honest, it is awesome. Really, I don't think I can criticize it much on the level of a work of art. If I could nominate two winners, I would have chosen that one.

But while there may be more I can criticize about it, there's no character on the forums (that I can read) that I have genuinely enjoyed reading more than the Manuel Diminuto, and the rest of the characters in Fire_Unionist's "The misadventures of the Bolivian Navy." In the mere two updates I've spent with him, I've gotten invested in his success, and have really, REALLY loved the chemistry with the others. There's some good characterization in there, if the AAR continues, I feel it'll be one of the great laugh-out-loud funny AARs.