• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Mithfir!

Congrats Mithfir...I keep meaning to get to your AAR and haven't had a chance yet, but it has had my interest for a while!

So far, I completed 2 stories in my AAR and wrapped them up in synopsis. It's less intimidating than the blocks of text I've written so far (and yet to write) if you would like to start with those.

I had a hunch that I would find the next bearer in the Hearts of Iron forum. I discovered quite a few interesting stories and even subscribed to a few of them. In the end, I chose a tale that allows to immerse ourselves through the eyes of a protagonist, named Antanas. Through this point of view, the captivating story of a small nation, struggling to defend itself against the giants of the time, does a great delivery job. It almost feels like playing one of those games where we play as a silent protagonist.

As such, I would like to nominate Ilaruum for his All Alone: A Lithuanian AAR. Congratulations!

Well, guys, I am totally surprised by the nomination and sincerely grateful for taking note of my little AAR. This means to me a lot and gives me additional incentive to research deeper the subject I am writing about, at least trying to keep up with all the great writers here on the forums.

Thanks again, and I will do my best to pick the next writer for the awAARd by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Congrats Ilaruum!

Thank you all for the congratulations, it was really an honor to receive this nomination.

I would like to pass it to a writer whose AAR entails everything what a true character-based AAR must have - back-story, character development, compelling backgrounds, dialogs, action, love interest, even dreams - Escaping Death's Grasp by JustThatGuy.

It is a story of a Soviet soldier - Danila Morozov - coming of age, and I truly believe you will not regret reading it.
I'd also suggest checking-out his previous AAR about a German soldier Erwin Keller, which, unfortunately, ended with main character's untimely demise by a BSoD.

JustThatGuy, congratulations!

My initial reaction:

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

I'm really honored to be nominated. I wasn't really sure my AAR sparked an interest in many people.

Congrautlations JustThatGuy. Danila's story is very intricate and it shows that you put a lot of effort to plan ahead with the plotlines.

Congratulations JustThatGuy!