• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sad to say that I didn't put too much effort into searching for someone to nominate, as I'm more into the actual writing of AARs rather than the reading. The irony is that I find long narrative updates tiresome and annoying to read on a computer screen, while I post similar updates and expect people to love them :) I'm glad everyone isn't me, or else there would be no base for fan-fiction and AAR-writing on the internet.

But on that note, there's only ever been one AAR that really made enough of an impression on me to read past the first two or three updates (although several I have read have been of excellent quality, rest assured), and that happens to be General_BTs Rome AARisen, which he recently completed in what I consider to be a most heroic effort. While he deserves an award just for completing an AAR which began in 2007 (and regularly updating it throughout that timeframe, at that), it his characters that truly shine through. He has all the makings of a professional writer, and all the characters that I have read of so far behave in a completely human and natural manner. They have personalities, thoughts, ambitions, and all these things coalesced into a truly marvelous experience.

While he has won the award in the past, I believe he deserves more accolades, and since it has been nearly two years since his last, I believe another is due. I am confident that he will be able to win this as well. :)

Congratulations General_BT!

Congrats!

Congratulations, strategos! :D

Much deserved congrats on your 7th win of this award, General_BT! Only Director has won this as many times as you now and no one won it more often then you two.

Congrats, BT! Well deserved, as always!

Last edited:
Sorry everyone, I actually didn't realize I'd won! My forum presence has gotten sporadic of late from work, etc., but thank you Taii for the kind honor, and thank you to all my lovely and supportive readers as well! Without your comments, suggestions (and yes, critiques as well), I don't think I would've had the stomach, or the courage, to finish something as long and arduous as Rome AARisen. Now that I know I won, after I get back from work in a few hours I'll scour the forums and pick a proper winner. Thank you for your patience.:)

After perusing the forums, I've decided to hand the Character WritAAR of the Week to someone who has not earned the honor in quite some time (2008, infact). Morsky is an updated version of his classic AAR in the CK2 forums, and it is even more hilarious than the original. So, without further ado, I'd nominate Morksy for Character WritAAR of the week for the duplicitous, scheming, and comical Roger Salopard in The SalopAARds! Congratulations!

And everyone, take a read. I have been giggling for hours reading it!

(*Ahem* And maybe a new update could be in the offing? :D)

Congratulations Morsky!

Congratulations Morsky, a well-deserved award!