• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Tommy4ever!

Thanks Alfred!

As I posted in my AAR this is an award I never expected to win, seeing characters as a weak part of my AARs, so this is a big boost. :D

Now I guess I must go out and read as many character based AARs as I can. :)

Well done! The actions of Spain during the reign of each king are based on each monarch's convictions and it shows (albeit it more in the internal politics than in the field of foreign affairs - all Spanish kings appear to be rampaging imperialists abroad). :)

Congrats Tommy4ever!

Gratulations Tommy4ever! :)

Thank you to Alfred Packer for giving me the award and thank you to everyone for their support. But now it is time to move the award on to someone new.

Well, I say new. This will be the fifth time he has won this but there is a very good reason for that.

Congratulations to the every brilliant General_BT! Rome AARisen has been running for three years now and is as thrilling now as it was in 2007. BT has created and killed off so many great characters over the past two centuries of this epic Byzantine tale but this award goes to him for his portrayal of the current central character - the Emperor Andronikos I.

Many well-deserved congrats, General_BT! Additional congratulations on being the only person to have won this award SIX times so far! And as you are only somewhere around three fifths into the AAR I'd say there'll be more coming your way in the coming years.

Many well-deserved congrats, General_BT! Additional congratulations on being the only person to have won this award SIX times so far! And as you are only somewhere around three fifths into the AAR I'd say there'll be more coming your way in the coming years.

It is not yet 1300, and over 700 years remain.
Oh the epicness!

My felicitations!

After my three years on these AARlands, I still find Roma AARisen the best AAR on these fora.
But that be my silly own opinion. :p

Unbelievably well deserved General_BT! Rome AARisen is a true gem of AARland!

Okay, I'm really bad at these. :)

First of all, thank you Tommy4ever for the nod--six times Character Writer of the Week is simply humbling. As always, the people I should thank the most are my readers! Without their feedback, comments, advice and support, I don't think the story would be going right now, and the characters would not be half as memorable as they've become! Three years running is a long time. Hopefully (crosses fingers) in a year things in the CK timeframe will be wrapping up--its 1271 in story, and the tale goes until 1399, so 2/3rds done!

Off the top of my head, the Emperors with a CWoW nod have been:

Nikolaios
Manuel
A general nod (I don't think there was a specific one that time)
Thomas II
Gabriel
Andronikos

I'll be reading around, and hopefully have a new Character Writer picked out and nominated for you all next week!

Congrats! :)