• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Amric! :)

Congratz, Amric! Well-deserved. :)

Amric wins prizes again - all is well with AARland. :cool:

Well Done, Amric !

Imagine my surprise when I was informed that I had won this award. To be honest I nearly fell out of my chair! I haven't been back long after a very long hiatus due to health reasons so it never occurred to me that such a thing could happen. Since my stroke my creative spark has been missing. I had no ideas, no plans, no real thoughts of writing.

I thought my writing 'career', such as it was, was over. Yet it turned out not to be true. About a month before I returned I started to dream. Yes I know, sounds crazy, but some of my greatest writing ideas come to me in a dream. This William Weiner tale was one of them.

It was only a nebulous idea. What if a young man saw his family murdered before his eyes? What would he do? Where would he go? Would he seek vengeance? I didn't know. At first, to be honest, I didn't care. But I kept having the bloody dream! It wouldn't go away. Now this has happened before to me and has caused me to lose many hours of sleep until I wrote it down and exorcised it from my brain.

I resisted. I figured only an opening sequence is not enough. Yet the dreams persisted. They didn't elaborate, but kept the same theme and opening sequence. I finally broke down and wrote it down. Finally, I could sleep! No, I seemingly couldn't. I still had that blasted dream. I hadn't posted the thing on the forums. I still had the dream and the problems sleeping thinking about it.

Fine, I'll post it. Well I read it first and realized that it was missing something. I added a few touches and posted it. I didn't expect much in return as nobody probably remembered me. Lo and behold, I was wrong. People seemed to like it. I was and still am, unsure of my writing skills. I feel I am still missing something, but it seems to please people to read it. So I continued. As I will continue to do.

I want to thank loki100 for the wonderful honor of this award. I didn't expect it, but I appreciate it greatly. After such a long time gone and a tough recovery it was gratifying to discover I still had some writing skill left.

Now for thanking all of you for congratulating me. I appreciate it very much. From the ones I haven't yet met to the old standard bearers like coz1, The Yogi, Qorten, CatKnight, Enewald who remember me from before to those of you I either haven't met, or don't remember<have memory issues, so please don't feel slighted if I should remember you but I don't> such as Lord E, Kazmir, Iain Wilson, Auray, King Richard XI, asd21593, aldriq, JDMS, cthuhu, Fookison, and TemplarCommander. Thank you all.

Now on to my nomination. I have had little chance to really peruse the forums but I have done some searching. I keep coming back to one of my new favorites. It is a sequel to a 'Game Show' that was first introduced years ago by our very own Mod, Coz1. Now you all know who he is and his obviously great writing skills.

What some of you may not realize is that he does grand work with broad humor and subtle as well. This is why I nominate him and his cast of characters in this...

Quest: The Wine of Milan

Nice choice. Congratulations coz :)

I'm honoured to have been mentioned in passing by someone who doesn't know who I am. :p

Once again, congratulations Amric. A great choice of successor, too.
congratulations, coz!

I'm honoured to have been mentioned in passing by someone who doesn't know who I am. :p

Me too :D.

Congratulations, coz1! I've always enjoyed your brilliant writing!

Congratz! :)

Well Done, coz1 !