• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats gabor!

thank you for the honour and the congratulations

and thank you Uriah and aldriq for your kind words
i can only hope that the vingettes idea makes my aar easy to read, and i felt it was high time for women to make it into this male-dominated world of PI games players world ;) (sorry Taer :p)

i'm mostly EU3 MMP afficionado, although i read CK, and recently (for the fond memories of EU2) FTG aars too; the more honoured i feel having been picked by HoI player and writaar

i'll need to catch up on reading :) luckily, there's a holiday break ahead; after which i'll pronounce the winner

thanx everyone!

It's time for me to pass this on and i decided on a well-known master's (remember e.g. Theodoros?) masterpiece:

The Stuff of Kings by Farquharson

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444316

there are plenty of interesting characters in it, with my favourite:
not cowardly but shy king Arnulf von Hohenstaufen, the Parchment Cut Sufferer
The humor is excellent: read and enjoy it!
Farquharson's aar is also a work complete, so you may admire it in its full beauty and i hope this nomination will urge him to write more for us his avid readaars :)

Congratulations :)

Congratulations :D !

Congratulations Farquharson :)

First of all thank you to gabor for your kind words and nomination. Thanks too to all for your messages of congratulations. I feel particularly honoured to receive this award since, for me, in a CK story character writing is all-important, so I feel that if my characters are appreciated I have in some sense at least "succeeded".

As I have already told gabor, this nomination caught me at a crucial moment. As was pointed out, The Stuff of Kings is now "completed" (which for me simply means that I've decided to stop...) and I was dithering about whether to take the plunge and start a new AAR, for which I already had an idea. So now, how could I decide otherwise?

So I can also take this opportunity to make a shameless plug for the new AAR: The Hidden Cross - a tale set in the Byzantine Empire, following the fortunes of the Bryennios dynasty. A word of warning/encouragement - it is NOT a comedy AAR, but entirely serious. Please check it out!

Congrats!

And best of luck with the new AAR!

Congrats Farq! And a new narrative on top of it? I suspect after a quick glance, this award and a few others might follow along soon once again. ;)

Congrats!:D

Well, it's time to pass on the Character Writer nomination to a new worthy. I've spent quite a while trawling through AARland to pick a winner. I was hoping to jump to a different game, but it has to be admitted that Crusader Kings really is the classic character-oriented game, and I ended up back there. I was surprised that Eron12 had not yet been nominated for Best Character Writer of the Week for his hilarious Kings of Nubia in If You Can't Do It, Nubia Can!, so I am quickly putting that to rights. If I have to select one, it had better be the most recent incumbent, Kemaladdin I the Heretic, whose sad passing is greatly mourned by all.

So congratulations, Eron12, and let's have the story of Nubia's next king soon! :)

And congrats to the new winner! Glad to be first to congratulate you, and you deserve it.;)