• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, the time has come to pass on the praise, so to speak..

I've been spending quite a long time looking through AARs, trying to find the one, which seemed the most deserving.. However, since this is how I am, I also had the nagging ulterior motive of trying to find a writer, which could really use the extra publicity.

And let's be honest about it. The number of skilled writers in our community seem to be somewhat beyond the limit of our numerical system. It wasn't easy, but I really did try. I even asked for help from another writer, whom I am proud to consider myself a friend of.

At the end of it all, I sat down and tried to make up a decission. I sorted through the many brilliant stories, trying to sift out that one character, which stuck out in my mind. But I couldn't, 'cause I kept getting distracted. Distracted by something I had been told about an update which hadn't even been written yet, distracted by the fact that I kept thinking about the character featured in that particular update, or rather, both of the characters, since it's an update dealing with events somewhat resembling what happened around Easter, a long, long time ago.

At first, I didn't really pay this distraction much attention, since I really wanted to find that one story, which really deserved the award and could use it as well. But slowly, it dawned on me that I was making something of a fool of myself. Luckily no one was around to point it out. Ahem.

The point is really, that this character is dear to me. It is well known to me in the way I know my own brother and the reason I so anticipate that particular update is because I want to see how closely it resembles the set of actions, which I have already played out in my mind countless times.

This is how dear that particular character is to me, how closely I have immersed myself with its 'life' and how deeply I anticipate every single update featuring that character..

So I failed, because the writer in question doesn't really need all that more attention, he's got plenty already. And deservedly so. But still I must be honest to my own opinion and to what my subconsciousness was screaming at me.

The character is a young man, recently married and equally recently a father. He is the daring secret agent of the NID, striving Against All Odds, to defeat his enemies, do his country proud and keep his family safe. He is Ian Fleming and the writer is of course, Trekaddict.

Congratulations...

Last edited:
*blushes* Oh it was most unexpected, because I rarely win any awards, never mind for a character who wasn't meant to become this big to begin with.... Thank you, thank you, thank you. :eek:o

Congrats tk, very well deserved.

And can I just commend Doge Robert on a most enlightening insight into how he chose tk, an interesting read. :)

Congrats tk, very well deserved.

And can I just commend Doge Robert on a most enlightening insight into how he chose tk, an interesting read. :)

He he.. Why thank you.. :D

Well, if I expect people to take my choice seriously, and I do, I owe it to them to explain my reasoning, even if only in this short manner.. ;)

Besides, I wouldn't want to insult Trek by not doing this properly.
And while he might not feel I had, I certainly would..
That's what respect's all about you know..

;)

Congratulations! Well done trekaddict!

Very many congratulations , trekaddict ! Three cheers for our favourite german anglophile ! Hip hip !

Well done Trekaddict, a well deserved award...

Congratulations trekaddict :)

many congrats. ;)

Thanks. Now, when should I appoint a successor?