• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You don't have to read much of Into the West to realize that it's quality stuff!

anonymous4401 said:
You don't have to read much of Into the West to realize that it's quality stuff!
Though I would prefer one read the whole thing. ;)

Thanks again, everyone, for the very nice words. :D

Belated congratulations to previous winners, in particular Director for entertaining me almost three years running with 'Here There Be Dragons'. :)

Coz, I've been remiss in keeping up with your magnum opus lately. I apologize and hope to have the substantial amount of time needed to fully appreciate the recent updates. Congratulations on being selected for this honor, well deserved for Sonny and the bevvy of supporting characters you have developed.

Thanks once again for all the kind words offered. And fear not, V - you are not alone and I cannot blame you as the length is surely daunting by this point.

And Stuyvesant - I look forward to seeing you in Into the West once again, when life allows you to catch up. I greatly appreciate your ever insightful comments! I miss them, truth be told. Sorry - I had to move forward knowing I would lose a few by the wayside. :( Hated to, but I needed to write.

It is now time for me to pass this on and though there are an incredible amount of talented writers here that create wonderful and vivid characters, there is one that I have been reading for two years now that does not always get the credit she...yes she...deserves!

From the easily irritated but noble knight Jocelyn to the nasty and immature Malcolm and all those in between, this author has a palate full of memorable characters, not the least of which is her main one - the princess Eleanor.

frogbeastegg - step on up and at least try to make some sense regarding this world and it's inhabitants. Because the whole slew of them are the real winners of this recognition. I could say it's just for Malcolm, Jocy or Nell...but they all stick out in my mind and that is because you write for them so very well!

Congrats and enjoy the spotlight for the week as the new winner of Best Character WritAAR of the Week! :D

Congratulations, frogbeastegg! :)

Well done frogbeastegg, congratulations :)

Well done!

Congratulations Frogbeastegg!

You do a great job! I do poke in now and again to see what's going on, though I can't keep up with your amazing pace!

Rensslaer

Congratulations frogbeastegg! Though i haven't been able to get to the end of your prolific work, what I have read is very entertaining. Your characters are intriguing and have lots of depth.

Thank you :)

I'm a very character oriented writer; without them I've little to say. I don't precisely create them myself; I define a few things, and from there they grow on their own within the framework I insist on for every character: realism including and especially when it comes to flaws; three dimensions, and absolutely not 'black and white'; a life which extends before and after everything which appears on the page. As they grow they find their own story, and then share it with me. The characters in 'Eleanor' are the deepest, most complex I've yet ended up with.

They're a damned inconsiderate bunch too! Always butting in with their demands, always showing me some scene or other, always telling me some line of dialogue or exchange, always demanding I drop whatever I am doing and write their bit now. I've got to add a fourth parameter to that framework: considerate to the frog :p

I wouldn't wish to be without them. Simply I love them, the whole damned lot. They're the reason I write 'Eleanor', to try to do justice to them and all they are and do.

I'm passing the award on to someone who has a knack for comedy characters which raise a smile from me. His nonsensical rendition of William the Bastard/Conqueror stuck so well in my mind it causes trouble when I read history books featuring the real man. I point the accusing finger at Dead William! Curse you - I've a shelf full of history books on late Saxon and Norman England! :D

I understand he's having a few problems with his account. I shall hope that they're resolved quickly, rather than pass over him.

Congratulations, Dead William :)

Congratulations DW!

Rensslaer