• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations guys!

Congratulations BigBadBob and all :)

Congrats! :)

Well, my week is up.

It takes a lot of skill to consistently write historical characters as well as Director does. For what I believe is the fourth time time: [thread=316972]A Special Providence[/thread].

Congratulations Director!

Congrats Director!

Congratulations. Well-deserved for both creating new characters and writing convincingly for real historical figures.

Oh, my. The old man is at a loss for words. Quick, call Storey else he'll never believe it! :)

Thank you. I am honored not only to be chosen but to be chosen by someone whose work I both like and admire. (I may break my own rule - Comments Equal Payment - but I do still get around some). This has happened twice lately, here and with a Weekly Showcase from Alfredian a little while back. There were a lot of great writers in the old days... and there are a lot of great writers in these new days, too - I point you to BigBadBob and Alfredian as two of many good examples.

The characters in Special Providence were intended to be more than just action figures; the heroes are somewhat tarnished and the villains are admirable as well as detestable (and somewhat frightful, I hope). The real challenge has been in trying to write the historical personages; an alternate history would hardly produce the same people as our timeline, but without recognizable characters to use as reference points the casual reader could rapidly lose interest. Who really wants a handsome Lincoln, a cowardly Theodore Roosevelt, a tyrannical Edward VII? They have their place... but not all together in the same place, if you take my meaning. So the decision to stick fairly closely to 'our' historical personalities is deliberate.

I have had my little pleasures - slightly changing the names of the famous and rescuing a few from early death, giving new careers to others and so on. But in the main I have tried to limit myself to reading extensively, studying the game events carefully, working out the plot points well in advance and - last but not least - trying to be no more than a typist when the characters are speaking in my ear.

Lastly, I'd like to thank my loyal readers. Rather like the voyage of the 'Minnow' this 'three hour tour' has become something rather more... extended. Bless you for your patience and your continuing support (and Comments!).

The next update to Special Providence will cover the pivotal - crucial - American presidential election of 1900. It is no exaggeration to say the fate of the free world hangs in the balance. :) And after that - the deluge.

Thank you all again - I am deeply moved and very appreciative.

Congratulations Director! Your writing characters continue to amaze.

Congrats, Director! You have a fantastic AAR!

Well, I missed the Sunday deadline and can only plead that it has been a long and somewhat crazy week.

Ladies and gentlemen - and authors, who cannot by definition be gentlemen - I pass the baton to the creator of those lovable scamps Felix and Ian - trekaddict.

Go read this!

*blushes heavily*

Thank you all, fellow Authors and assorted Human sub-types. :)

Congrats, trekaddict!

Congratulations, ye most English of Germans. An award well won.

Congratulations and felicitations.