• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations again! I think Harry's appeal is similar to that of tv's Dr. House (no, I don't mean that Harry's mind is like a finely honed razor, cutting away at the clutter to unerringly arrive at the implausible truth) - Harry's bad and he gets away with it. True, he does a stellar job of sabotaging himself, but no-one can tell him what to do, no matter how abhorrent his behavior is to everybody else.

Oh, and Harry's AARs are comedy, which is always a popular genre with which to while away a few minutes here and there. Combined, I think that gives you a big chunk of the explanation as to why Harry is popular around AARland. :)

Congrats once more, Loki100 :)

Thanks to Avindian for the nomination and to all for the kind words ... as ever such things are very much appreciated.

Now the little task of passing this on - as ever AARland is full of character based plots and story lines so its not an easy choice. But I'd like to invite you to wander a bit further afield from your normal haunts to the land of Mount and Blade and admire Monnikje's Me Floris. Floris being a Dutchman who pitched up in Calradia, carved out a kingdom and whose story has just taken a brilliantly dark turn ...

so step up Monnikje, your new character writer of the week

Last edited:
Congratulations, Monnikje! :)

And belated congratulations to Loki100 :)

Thanks, loki100, for the honour! And thanks everyone for the congratulations!

I started this AAR as a little side project, and it shouldn't have gotten more than five chapters, maybe ten tops. But it caught on, and soon grew larger than I thought it would be. Last week I posted chapter 55, and more is to come. In the one and a half years I write this story now, Floris has grown from a bewildered man in a strange land into a shaper of destiny. I hope that everyone will enjoy seeing the changes he has went through!

I've had a chat with Monnikje and time pressures have made it hard to find a new CWoW so we've agreed I'll have a second choice ... so I'd like to pass it on to ThunderHawk3 for General Halen in Ambition a Stateless General's AAR. This is almost unique in the V2 aars in being not just character driven but not at all about the doings of the state, with superb snippets about the General and brilliant battle scenes.

Step up ThunderHawk3

I'm staggered - truly blown away. Ambition is only a week old. Thanks very much to Loki for his nomination and his praise. I hope you all enjoy reading Ambition as much as I enjoy writing it.

I may hit a snag when it comes to nominating a successor, since I haven't really read any other AARs, but I suppose we'll solve that problem when we get to it.

Congratulations, ThunderHawk3!

It was very unfortunate that I didn't have much time, and I did wanted to pass it on to someone who had written an excellent character devellopment. Luckily loki100 has made a good choice!

Nice choice. Congratulations, ThunderHawk3! :)

First to win two weekly awards at the same time? Congrats!

Wow, I'm the first‽ o_O

I don't know what to say. I'm glad that you all think Ambition is worthwhile.

It is time to appoint as new and worthy successor though! ;)

Well, it seems that my week has come and gone, but I don't know who to nominate next. I'm still fairly new to the AAR forums in general and I tend to stay inside the Vic2 forums.

So I'm open to suggestions, I guess. Or if there's a process for nominating the next person if I can't or don't, then now would be the time for that.

Having been told that I can't actually just obtain all of the forum titles at the same time and declare myself EmperAAR, I've decided to nominate BigBadBob and all the participants in The Presidents as the next Character Writer of the Week! Congratulations Bob and all the The Presidents' men.

Why thank you. :wub:

I must assume I can speak for all of us when I say we are overwhelmed and overjoyed to be so honored.

PS. Congratulations previous winners!

Last edited: