• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, Morsky! Well done!

:cool: Congratulations, Morsky! :cool:

Unfortunately Morsky seems to be off the forums at the moment, so in the spirit of moving this award on, I'd like to give if to Alfred Packer for the Wehrmacht News and World Report, in addition to our somewhat bonkers, over-happy editor (think of any corporate newsletter you've ever read), we have possibly the grumpiest officer in the entire Wehrmacht: Paul Weiss.

Congrats Alfred on yet another gem

Last edited:
Congratulations Alfred!

Very well deserved congratulations, Alfred!

:cool: Congratulations, Alfred Packer! :cool:

... in addition to our somewhat bonkers, over-happy editor (think of any corporate newsletter you've ever read), we have possibly the grumpiest officer in the entire Wehrmacht: Paul Weiss.

Absolutely spot-on, particularly about the editor. That grating "We're all in this together, one big happy family!!!" tone, the ability to turn the most tedious, soulless thing into a Bright Shining Beacon Of Positivity, the upbeat optimism no matter how far removed from reality... It is exactly like a corporate newsletter. And these are still the 'peaceful' years, when the only aggression Germany visits upon its fellow man is the smallish expeditionary force in the Spanish Civil War. I cannot wait to hear the positive spin put on the war with Poland, the Allies and basically the entire world. Maybe the Blitz through the Ardennes will be the Wehrmacht's equivalent of a team-building white-water rafting experience? The conquest of the Low Countries could be the successful merger (hostile takeover?) of a competitor company...

Congratulations, Alfred Packer!

Thank you loki for the awAARd and thank you everyone for the kind words. When I started WNWR, I honestly wondered if anyone would ever read it, since you have to load a pdf file each time, but happily I was wrong. I'm glad you've all enjoyed it and I'm glad the characters have developed individual personalities...it took longer for some than others.

If you are reading, keep your eyes peeled for the 1938 updates in which my favorite character appears: Lil'Goring.

Now, I'm off to bask in my week of glorious sunshine and convoluted sentencing.

Congratulations! And next time, don't wait 3 years between AARs!

Congrats, AP! Good to see you writing away!

Congrats AP, very well deserved!

Thank you everyone for you kind remarks. It is always such an honor to have such brilliant writAARs say such things about me. As always, your cheques are in the mail. :D

On another note, the hardest part about this awAARd is passing it on. There are so many worthy AARs out there, so many excellent writers whose characters drive their stories. But, I have to choose one of them and I feel, this writer and his AARs are of exceptional quality, all are worth your time to read, and the one I am passing this award onto is no exception.

I give you the Best Character Writer of the Week: eqqman for the character Jacques Theriaux whose diary tells the story of Xibei San Ma in World War II. The AAR is LIFE in the Trenches: 1936 Xibei San Ma, go check it out!