• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh...my.

First, thank you AllmyJames. I am truly honored.

When this award first started, I remember raising my eyebrow and thinking that this was an extra nod at narrative AARs - not that I objected, as I was in the middle of a huge narrative and they're hard work.

Well, history has proven me wrong. Many different kinds of AARs have seen their moment in the sun here, and I'm proud to have 'Tannenberg' and Michael von Anhalt added to the list.

Beyond Tannenberg is a history-book style AAR, and as James noted I put an effort into making each character, especially the grandmasters and their 'style' of play, as distinctive as possible.

I'm rather proud of von Anhalt, but much of his development goes to my readers. When the game generated a high administration/low diplomacy ruler, I thought "Brainy stereotype - smart but not good around people." Then one of my readers suggested he sounded autistic - so I did some research and nudged his personality in that direction.

Von Anhalt was fun. His single-mindedness actually served the Order well, but he never quite understood the realities of the situation around him, such as declaring victory after being thrashed soundly in a war. Strangely enough he found solace and peace as a scholar in an Orthodox city months before he died.

As James mentioned, the game ended when after a certain point in game (I never quite figured out why) the save files stopped loading. Still, I'm proud of the thirty-odd chapters I did get to write for the Teutons.

Thank you James, and thank you all.

Grats Cat, very well deserved :)

I actually tried to model my AAR based on what you did haha

Last edited:
Congratulations!

It's a legendary work.

Congratulations CatKnight!

Very nice choice. Congratulations, CatKnight :)

Well, it's that time isn't it?

First, thank you once more AllmyJames for this honor.

Without further ado I present this award to a rather new, but richly deserving AAR. The characters are interesting and the plot's buildup proceeds nicely. Please join me in congratulating FlyingDutchie and his characters in The plot against Britain - a Kaiserreich mystery

Congrats FlyingDutchie!

And Cat...you know you can change these thread titles now. ;) Congrats on your win too. :)

Congrats! :D

And congrats on the promotion, Meester CatKnight. :)

Congratz! :)

Quite a surprise I must say. Not that I mind surprises like this...

I never expected The plot against Britain to win an award so soon after it's conception, especially since I am mostly setting the stage and introducing the main character at the moment, trying to fleshen them out.
I am glad to see that people like my efforts...

So thank you Catknight for this great honour and thanks to everyone else for their congratulations.

Congratz!!!

The flying Dutch is da man! Congratz to your endless streams of award! People can smell what is good early!

Well done FlyingDutchie, congratulations :)