+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 234 FirstFirst ... 90 115 140 165 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 4666

Thread: Best Character Writer of the Week: cyrileom

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Saithis! Very enjoyable, sorry I have been off the shnide lately and need to catch back up!

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations Saithis. You definitely earned it.
    Beelzmod - A complete overhaul for CKII

War is people fighting over ideas.
    Peace is ideas fighting over people.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Congratulations! That reminds me that I need to see if there's been any update to Valour while I was away the past few days.
    Hollow Little Reign - A brief Crusader Kings tale about family ties in Byzantium.

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Thanks again to everyone for the congratulations and to Wave for his kind nomination. I'm sure my fans have already noticed my failure to update, and I'm so sorry! Hopefully it'll be fixed this week...for once.

I'm also late in handing this over, although from what I understand it should be the nearest sunday to 1 week, making this only a day late. Nonetheless, I've spent what spare time I have reading up and checking on things. The winner for me isn't the longest-running AAR writer by a long shot, but I genuinely believe has written the best characters of any AAR I've read in the last few months. There are a lot of great character writers out there but in the end, I had to choose my favourite: Apelstav for all of the fantastically written characters in his AAR The Curse of Brothers. Detailing the feuding Spanish monarchs with fantastic personality and detail, he paints a wonderful picture, especially of their sister Urraca, whose ambitions and desires are frustrated by her gender's assigned role.

Congratulations Apelstav, you deserve it.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

congrats Apelstav
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Apelstav!

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Congrats, Apelstav!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and especially thanks to Saithis for the nomination. I can't begin to express the honor it is being nominated by the author of the North Star-series, having been a fan of Piety years ago (though I must admit to not having read it in its entirety) when I was but a mere lurker in the CK1-forum. Now to finding someone to pass the award to in a week. There's a bloody lot of fine AAR's to read through and choose from.

Thanks yet again!

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congratulations, Apelstav!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Congrats.
    "In America, anybody can be President. That's one of the risks you take."
    -Adlai Stevenson

The Presidents: The Vietnam War Edition
    President of the United States in 1962: Henry M. Jackson (Democrat-Washington)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Congratulations Apelstav! I haven't read any Spain CK2 AARs but this should be a good way to start then
    My modding stuff:
    Wave's modding guide:
    a tutorial for adding countries to EU: Rome, works with EU3 too!
    Wave's modding guide #2: Understanding and creating events

Ongoing AARs:
    Letters from wAAR - An experimental Rome AAR with Epigoni Mod
    Winner of the Best character writer of the week award 1/6/12
    This is SPARTA! Can the world be dominated by squads of 300 men swinging spears and crying the name of their home country?

Legions of Rome! RISE and show them all our might!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations!
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! A strong start to the story...
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSengokuVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Passing it forward

Hello everyone and thanks once more for all congratulations, and special thanks to Saithis for the nomination!

So... time for me to pass this on then. Having read a round a lot the last week, venturing out from the CKII-forum for the first time since the game came out basically I soon realized there's a bloody lot of good writers in AARland and I found myself cursing Saithis name (you only did this to keep me from writing that song about Harald, didn't you?) quite a few times. In the end, however, I found myself in the position of doing the exact opposite of what Saithis did by nominating me - that is passing the award to an up-and-coming-all-brand-new-AAR-author - and instead nominating one of the veterans in the forum.

Having been a lurker in AARland for far longer than I've been writing myself (or even posting in the general forums), there's been a few AARs over the years that I would like to say made me start writing here. Among these we find one that I've followed since its early beginnings in the CKI-forum and as it later was ported unto EUIII and just kept on rolling - the AAR I'm speaking of is the Baltikja-series written by the excellent Mr. Capiatlist.

Following the fates of the Saxon exiles in their struggle and rise as a great power at the shores of the Baltic Sea, Mr. Capiatlist have written many remarkable characters over the years, but one who always held a special place in my heart is the Prussian exile-prince Ălle who recently returned in a sub-story concerning his exploits in the Iberian crusades. Ălle's story is a tragic one, one of losing what you thought made you whom you are only to find it again in the most unlikely of places and Mr. Capiatlist portrays Ălle's internal struggle and growing maturity and insight in a beautiful way.

So, to the point then: Congratulations Mr. Capiatlist and Ălle Eadbertson for you are Best Character Writer of the Week! The AAR you find here and the latest part of Ălle's story is to be found from here and onward.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Congrats Mr C ... well deserved for such a rich set of characters
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    This was an very unexpected thing to wake up to. So, thank you Apelstav for this honor; it has probably set the tone for the whole rest of my day. Hopefully I can use that energy to get... you know... some writing done.

Thanks everyone!
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Congrazies Mr. Capiatlist! (probably the first time I ever manage write your name correctly on first try... I too often drift to something related to money.. )
    My modding stuff:
    Wave's modding guide:
    a tutorial for adding countries to EU: Rome, works with EU3 too!
    Wave's modding guide #2: Understanding and creating events

Ongoing AARs:
    Letters from wAAR - An experimental Rome AAR with Epigoni Mod
    Winner of the Best character writer of the week award 1/6/12
    This is SPARTA! Can the world be dominated by squads of 300 men swinging spears and crying the name of their home country?

Legions of Rome! RISE and show them all our might!

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Big congrats Mr. C! You know you deserve it.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Nice one, congrats Mr. C!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

+ Reply to Thread