• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many congratulations, crusaderknight!

King Konstantinos the Younger would really appreciate this award, crusaderknight. Fortunately Cheilous can collect it on his behalf. Good to see your efforts recognized, crusaderknight.

Last edited:
Well done crusaderknight, congratulations :)

Thankyou, all. I am so very honoured. And don't worry Chief Ragusa, I'll send Cheilous out to get it right away! :cool:

Well, my brief reign has come to an end. As my successor, I name VILenin for his astounding work in A History of Byzantium with the brothers Kosmas and Theodoros. Their early rivalry and later cooperation is one of the best written stories I've seen in a history AAR. The way VILenin writes about his characters, especially these two, almost makes me forget I'm reading a work of fiction. So let us all congratulate VILenin, the new character writer of the week!

Let me be the first (after the nominator, of course) to say "Well deserved, Comrade VILenin!" I have yet to read the whole of History of Byzantium, but I must correct that, oh yes.

Congratulations VILenin. Nice work :)

Congratulations VI Lenin. Well deserved.

Congratulations - I agree... Kosmas and Theodoros are a great pair of characters!

Congratulations VILenin !!

Congratulations VILenin!

Wow, thank you all very much! Special thanks to crusaderknight for not only giving me this award but for being an indefatigable reader. Both are much appreaciated!

Starting a history-book AAR, I certainly never expected to get some sort of acclamation for my character work, in my mind that was limited to the great narrative pieces that exist throughout AARland. But even though my characters don't interact directly with the reader they're very important to me and I try to give them a life of my own. It's gratifying to know that to some extent I've succeeded. I also admit, to my emberassment, that I've not kept a presence in this thread as I should have; that's something that will have to change in the future! There are too many good things I'm missing by not following the awards.

Once again, a big thank you to everyone! The Comnenus family also sends their thanks and hopes you'll support their future endeavors at rebuilding the Roman Empire. ;)

You didn't expect it? I certainly thought you had interesting characters. You don't have to go to great detail or length in words to make them seem real you know.

Now it's your turn to pick someone - maybe someone who hasn't won yet :D

Last edited:
Congratulations VILenin! :)