• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was a difficult decision, but I have come up with a worthy successor to the title.

She's mean, she's only attracted to drones, and she assimilates in her free time. She's the Borg Queen, the diabolical creation of Merrick. Head on over to Resistance is Futile and check her out.

Congrats Merrick ! What a fun ride your AAR has been !

Congratulations merrick :)

Congratulations to Secret Master and Merrick! :)

Congratulation Merrick! :)

Many congratulations merrick. Good work on that delightful creation.

Congratulations, merrick! Well-earned I say :)

On a related note, it seems to have been quite a while since the first post (with index) has been updated ...

Thank you, thank you <bows>

Now all I have to do is read all the other AARs to find a worthy writAAR to pass the honour on to.

The things I do for my audience.... ;)

Congrats merrick. I have seen your work, but sadly have not read it. Perhaps one day.

OK, so it was slightly more than a week, but it was a tough decision.
I liked Inka Pachacuti ("Attendant!"), from Amob_m_s's Inca AAR; and Nerubien's heretic Pope may become a classic.

But I have to give the award to the ever-optimistic Thomas Braunfeld, Diplomat of Austria, from akaioi's wonderful Little Pink Wieners AAR. (Read the whole thing, it's worth it. Some people can make the psuedo-history style work. Fewer can do good comedy. Very few can do both.)

Many congratulations.

Congrats akaiois !

merrick said:
But I have to give the award to the ever-optimistic Thomas Braunfeld, Diplomat of Austria, from akaioi's wonderful Little Pink Wieners AAR. (Read the whole thing, it's worth it. Some people can make the psuedo-history style work. Fewer can do good comedy. Very few can do both.)
When i saw the link i thought it might have been for Rustem. Close call i'd say between the two.
And congrats to all concerned, of course.

Wow!

I have to say I'm very happy to have gotten the nod. Thanks Merrick! I'm glad you're enjoying the story ... I love writing it. It was AARs that got me to buy EUIII in the first place. After printing out some classic EUII Ebessen and MrT AARs to read on the bus, I knew I *had* to get my hands on the game.

The best part of the award is that it gives me an excuse to read more AARs, to pick next week's designee. ;)

Tskb18: When I saw the award right after the Sivas update I thought it might have been for Rustem also, but thinking about it, ol' Rust is kind of a gloomy Gus, and it is Thomas who has the key insights. And who can resist Thomas and his tinted monocle? It really rakes in the frauleins, you know. I do have more plans for Herr Braunfeld, so we haven't seen the last of him.

(Minor note: I don't know the best place to mention it, but my apologies to Paradox for desecrating the HOI logo for the "Hearts of Iron ... Chefs" installment. I will edit or remove it if need be)

Again, thanks for the award and don't be shy about checking out the story!

Ak