• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Tufto! Very much a deserved accolade: you write characters that are compelling, even if most (all?) of them are abhorrent. Surely that must count as great characterization, if you can create unlikeable characters that still hold our attention.

Thanks again everyone, especially Gotya64 :).

I thought I would draw your attention to a particularly good AAR in the CK2 forums, which offers an interesting and unusual perspective on the great events of the world through the position of its characters, and is very well-written to boot. Please congratulate Stuckenschmidt for the characters in Miller`s Tales - A von Jülichgau story.

Hey, that`s a nice surprise. :D

Well, many thanks to Tufto for nominating me. To be perfectly frank I was really surprised. My AAR has characters and a lot of them, but the problem is, that there may pass several years before the same character has an appearance in another entry. I am perfectly aware, that this is not the best way to create "deep" characters or depict character development. I try to compensate that by making my characters as "human" as possible, with all their weaknesses (or merits).

Be it as it may, I will rummage through this forum to find a successor until Sunday. :)

Well, once again thank you all and especially Tufto. It has been a pleasure to be Character WritAAR for one week.

But all good things come to an end. So I delved deep into AARland to find a worthy successor. And I tell you it is hard to find AARs with characters . Respectively an AAR with characters that has not been nominated yet. :p

BUT I was successful. And I hereby declare Wilkey to be Character Writer of the Week for his AAR How inbred can you get? - A Zoroastrian Republic AAR.

First of all the main characters are lewd, weird, tragic and overall great. Secondly the idea of a zoroastrian family in Italy is completely off the rocker and I like such ideas. Finally I want to motivate him to continue this great enterprise, for he made a long break and I`d like to see more soon.

So all hail Wilkey.

I've read some of that particular AAR, and it proves how well-deserved this is. Congratulations Wilkey!

Congrats Wilkey, and also everyone I missed!