• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

I had pretty much abandoned that AAR to the winds of time when I chanced upon NewbieOne's message just two minutes ago. Writing a narrative AAR proved to be much harder work than the easy-to-write comedy I had experience in, but seeing that even now people are interested in the story, I'll have to add a chapter or two, maybe even finish it, as I have already finished the game. Thank you very much for the nomination. I hope all of you can spare me a day or two to review some other AARs before passing the award on, as I haven't been reading the forum for a while, and I wish to do it a modicum of justice.

Congratulations Werewhale, and it's good to see that this honor inspired you to go and write again.
One advice if you want to write a narrative but suck at it: Just put the first thing you think of on paper. Usually it's overthinking that results in a writer block.

Well, it's time for me to pass on the torch, even though I only realized yesterday that I was holding it. I like to check out new AARs as opposed to established ones, so as to encourage more people to write, knowing that they are not disadvantaged against the older AARs, and I also try to diversify the games showcased by the award. CK2 has enjoyed an understandable near-monopoly on this award lately, due to the ease with which the game hands you interesting characters. To break the combo, I went to the Victoria 2 section, arguably the most difficult game to write a character narrative about, as your own creativity has to stand almost entirely on its own. I didn't even have to search for long before I came upon JakobWerle's delightful gem Rebirth of the Empire. The AAR is as new as they get, not even a week old, and still fits on a single page, but I love his deadpan depiction of the hedonist-turned-miracle-monarch Sultan Mahmud II. Thus, he gets to bask in the glory of being the first Best Character Writer of the Week of 2013.

Congrats JakobWerle!

Congrats to JakobWerle and as much as it "pains me", some justice to the other-than-CK2 crowd is taking place. Kudos to werewhale for being gallant about passing it on despite holding it for only one day that he knowledge of.

Definitely have to take a look at this AAR; sounds pretty awesome! Congratulations, JakobWerle!

I'd say wait for a mod to say so, but it definitely needs to be passed on - I've seen JakobWerle around, so maybe he's just forgotten. I'm sure if someone reminded him he'd pass it on.