• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haha, thanks (though I'm an heir not an heiress, if there's any confusion in that). I think character writing is the best (if not perhaps the only good) part of my AAR (as far as the narrative goes, that is). I see the rulers as being a bit more relatable to the player (and in this case, the readers), making their part of the narrative a character/player mix; so if, for example, the AI has done something that exceedingly stupid, or the gameplay mechanics arbitrarily cause something to not go as planned (a good example would be the end of the latest chapter, chapter 15, where peaceful PU with Sicily is prevented due to prestige difference despite claiming their throne), I may have the monarch's thoughts be similar to those of the player or reader, heavily tainted by their character as I imagine it.

Is the holder of the awAARd supposed to pick the successor? I'm not much of an AAR reader, only casually skimming through a few of them, but if I need to pick the next guy I can devote more time to reading through them properly.

edit:god that's a whole bunch of parentheses

Last edited:
...Is the holder of the awAARd supposed to pick the successor? I'm not much of an AAR reader, only casually skimming through a few of them, but if I need to pick the next guy I can devote more time to reading through them properly.

Yes the honour, and hard reading work :D , falls to you now! Congratulations on your award and brilliant AAR!

Congrats!

Congratulations YF-23! Well done :)

Well, I've decided on a winner, and that is...

knul for his Double Domination: Germany versus Japan!

Jim and Bob, the commentators, as well as everyone else even if they are only mentioned by Jim and Bob really pulled me in. While reading chapter 1 I was honestly under the impression that Japan and Germany were controlled by opposing sides, when it hit me. That's some excellent work with the commentating and set-up. Only some typos and grammar mistakes here and there spoil this otherwise amazing AAR, but the characters and presentation more than make up for it.

Congratulations, knul!

Thanks YF-23, for choosing me. I had no idea that my silly two commentators were so compelling. I will try to keep the errors to a minimum.