• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratualtions FlyingDutchie and a belated to congratulations to all those who I've missed while I was on my trips: Felicitations AF and Well done and excellent speech Doge Robert !

Thanks everyone.

As for the new writer of the week, I nominate XHR. His excellent AAR Ostfront 1941 gives scarily realistic portrails of the German generals and higherups at the time. Such an AAR deserves this prize IMO.

So congrats XHR.

Congratulations XHR, great job :)

shocked-smiley-9480.gif

Wow, thank you very much, FlyingDutchie! What an honour to be chosen while I struggle to get out my weekly updates despite the RL challenges :)
As all of you very well know writing an aar is time-consuming and can be difficult at time so these trophies are very welcome and are quite motivating!
The depiction of the many generals and Nazi-leaders is indeed difficult and I struggled with some issues in my aar that I want to tell you about. As I started writing my AAR I was somewhat determined to avoid mentioning "AH" too often but found that rather difficult. I have put down a few pages with different characterizations for some of the generals but it is somewhat difficult to keep in mind when creating strategies in game (as I tend to roleplay a lot, sometimes even from a general's pov) or when writing about these men in different situations.
The side-story about the spy "Werther" is a little different, as it has much fewer characters, but that one is still quite "young" as far as my story is concerned.
I will try to dive into my character-writing a little deeper in my future updates as the big "Operation Thunderstrike" of the Wehrmacht is well on it's way.

Make sure to check out my epic struggle against Soviet Russia - and thanks again, FlyingDutchie! :)

Congratulations XHR :)

Congratulations XHR and all the previous winners! (I've been absent from this thread too long)

A week has passed and though I had little time to read the magnificent works of many writers around here I have read into one EUIII AAR a bit - and found it brilliant in storytelling mainly due to the excellent depiction of the main characters.
Thus I give this award to a man that has supported me during my first struggles as a writer and who writes with a burning feather - I am talking about Brandenburg III and his awesome AAR The Dark Muse. I specially give this price to him for the gripping portrait of two characters, Jànos and Farid.

Congratulations, "Smooth Operator" :)

Congratulations Brandenburg III :)

Congratulations!

That's one thing I love about these awards; they get you reading AARs that you wouldn't have otherwise noticed (not being an EU player and all that).