• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It have been great to be Character Writer of the week but the time have come to pass on the torch, it was hard to find a AAR with really good characters that hadn’t been nominated yet. I am a slow reader so I don’t get around to reading as many of these great AAR as I should, but I did manage to find a AAR with a really fun and interesting character.

So without further ado, I declare Avindian Character Writer for his character Death in The Oldest God, congratulations Avindian.

Death is funny and tragic at the same time and the situations that he gets into trying to understand the human world is excellently written, I highly recommend it to anyone that haven’t checked out this AAR yet.

Last edited:
Thanks very much! Death has certainly come a long way from a character I intended to appear every now and again.

Congrats Avindian, KUTGW!

Apologies for being a bit late; I, sadly, don't read as many AARs as I used to. However, there was one in particular which stood out to me, and as always, I am mystified that he has yet to win the award. Any AAR that has Savonarola, Petrarch, and Machiavelli in it is difficult to argue with, not to mention the original characters, and so I present your next winner:

Tanzhang for From Eagle to Phoenix!

Congratulations Tanzhang! Very much deserved. Remind me to stop by and comment more often, the AAR is certainly worth it :D

Of course, my most sincere congratulations. A fine choice for our next incumbent!

However, there was one in particular which stood out to me, and as always, I am mystified that he has yet to win the award.

I'm mystified by that as well.

Congrats Tanzhang! Definitely deserve this award, I need to go catch up on From Eagle to Phoenix, haven't read it in a while and pretty far behind due to that.

Well deserved! Congrats! :)

Nice one, congrats Tanzhang!

I've been trying to make time to read this AAR, so thanks for more reasons and congrats, Tanzhang!