• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good choice. Congrats EP.

Last edited:
Nice pick. I've not had a chance to read your latest in Rome, EP, but having read your narrative work before, I know this is quite worthy! Congrats!

It is up! Unfortunately College has been so demanding the week quite slipped me by. So, thank you very much to TC Pilot, it really was a pleasant suprise and a real lift from the drudgery of piles of paperwork. I, Silvagensus is my second real attempt at a narrative AAR, and its been very enjoyable so far, there are two people I should recognise and that is canonized and General_BT, both have given me so much inspiration, canonized encouraged me to write my first narrative piece as interseason bonus on Timelines and was (and still is!) highly encouraging when I later experimented with narrative in the Rebirth of England, obviously, Timelines is something to look to for a narrative writer, and I'm very glad I can say the same thing about General_BT's Rome AARisen! General_BT has also been a great inspiration and introduced me to HBO's Rome series, which has given me mountains of inspiration in itself, so thank you very much the both of you!

And now, onto the nomination, I stumbled on this AAR a few weeks back and read of Beck's trial, I was very impressed, but sadly, time didn't leave me much opportunity to read the rest. I came back to it later, and read through the entire AAR, I was extremely glad to see it held its quality throughout, what was most impressive however, was the characters, each perfectly brought to life, every single one. So, without further ado, I give you this weeks Character writer of the week, TheHyphenated1 and Weltkreigschaft!

Congratulations!

Congratulations TheHyphenated1! :)

Well done TheHyphenated1, congratulations :)

Congrats The Hyphenated1! Nice work. :)

Congratulations, TheHyphenated1!

What a surprise! Thank you one and all, and especially English Patriot for giving me the nod! :D

I'll be back soon with my full remarks!

Thank you again!

... and might I ask one question of English Patriot.

I am extremely pleased that you have found merit in all the characters, but given the large number of characters and style of the story, no single character takes center stage. Since the Best Character Writer of the Week thread usually focuses on a single character, I am curious which one you found most appealing.

Cheers!

TheHyphenated1 said:
... and might I ask one question of English Patriot.

I am extremely pleased that you have found merit in all the characters, but given the large number of characters and style of the story, no single character takes center stage. Since the Best Character Writer of the Week thread usually focuses on a single character, I am curious which one you found most appealing.

Cheers!

Your treatment of Hitler was marvellous, brimming with pomposity and self built grandeur, but at the same time, obviously quite mad, but then like you said, there are so many to choose from, I loved Beck as the stoic old guard Officer, even Goering whenever he appears gives me a bit of a laugh, falling asleep in meetings, the shrewd German diplomats, the blustered French diplomats and the classically British men of diplomacy, the desperate assassins, and those are but a few.

haha I'm afraid, I can't pick just one out, you'll have to be content with the fact that all your characters deserve the accolation!