• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Mettermrck! :)

Congratulations to everyone that has got this awAARd.

Now, I am surley suprised. stnylan, the forums biggest reader, I can't recall reading any AAR he hasn't posted in, hasn't read Empire of Fu Manchu, the forums biggest AAR, (or that is what they say. I'm in to belive them) I don't know if I should belive that. :D

And the Yogi, I know it wasn't you who PDFed Masterpaln, but is there any chance that you will do a PDF of the Empire of Fu Manchu to somewhere where it is now to easy up reading it too. Please

Thanks, everyone! My apologies for my delay in accepting, and thanks Yogi for passing on this award. Character development is one of the things I try to work on the most. With the AAR format, the character usually evolves as I write, due in no small part to reader feedback. So in many ways, Remus Macrinus is a result of my ideas, how the EU2 game buffets him, and also the thoughts of the gang who kindly takes time to add their comments.

My biggest thought when I first wrote Remus was to avoid the obvious Gladiator-Maximus stereotype. He's a hero, for sure, but he lives in a different time. Though both value Rome and have their own nobility of character, Remus lives three centuries after Maximus, when Rome is on the verge of myth. I've enjoyed bringing him into fruition, tempering his obvious military brilliance with enough setbacks to make the story plausible. He's a hard man, but I try to put enough compassion just beneath his surface. To pull off an almost impossible alternate history, I certainly needed an almost impossible character. Thank you, Remus. :D

And as Yogi instructs, I will wait until next Sunday (7/16) to pass on the award, which will give me time to appreciate other author's fine character work.

Congratulations, Mettermrck! ! :D

Congratulations Mett. Remus is a fine character.

Congratulations, Mett! I swear I've said that recently prior, but that was in a different thread! :p

I love your writing, and your characters!

Rensslaer

Isn't it time for a new one?

Congratulations Mett. A fine recipetiant.

Congrats.

Congratulations, Cthulhu!!!

I've read enough of Third Empire to know Mett has chosen wisely!

And I know it's worth reading the whole thing -- a task I hope to work on soon! :D

Rensslaer

Congratulations old mate. :)

Fantastic choice Mett. And Chtulhu. Congratulations Danish comrade :D well deserved indeed. (let's hope captain Duke will be apreciated as much.)

Congratulations, cthulhu. I can heartily agree that this was an excellent choice, having read The Third Empire!