• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is an unexpected honor! I'll happily accept, realizing all the while it's bending the rules a bit (seeing as I wrote that post months ago). Thanks all for the well wishes and particularly thank you to Nill for selecting me for this. :)

Since I've always enjoyed Director's AARs, it seemed only fair payback to write a guest post when he approached me with that suggestion. I had been watching a lot of 'House' (the medical drama) at the time and it seemed like fun to write a character like that: someone who's so good at what he does, that he can be a total jerk and get away with it, because people need his talents. That's how Bourdelain came about. Dreaming up his complex web of subterfuge and writing it all up was a nice virtual power trip and ample compensation for my own uneventful life. :D Writing sure was fun and I might try my hand at it again some time (whenever you have A) a new AAR and B) need a guest spot and C) have a few weeks to wait for it, let me know, Director ;)).

Now that it's time to pass on this award, I must confess I'm at a disadvantage, for two (I think) very good reasons. First, my wireless hub stopped working last week, so today's the first time I could physically connect to the Forums since last Saturday or so. Secondly, the Stuyvesant househould recently expanded. My sweetheart is a perfect little girl, but like most two-week olds she has a fairly demanding schedule of feedings, cuddlings and diaper changes, which is also conspiring to keep me away from these boards. :D

As such, I feel I cannot fairly nominate anyone for this award (I've read a grand total of three posts tonight and need to turn in pronto, in expectation of nocturnal nappy changes). I don't know what the procedure is, but could someone (a mod, perhaps?) nominate a worthy candidate in my stead?

Many thanks, for both the accolades and the understanding.

Stu

Better late than never I guess… Congratulations Stuyvesant.

So is anyone going to nominate someone for this award soon, seems Stuyvesant can’t do it, so maybe one of the mods will do it?

Congratulations, Stuyvesant!

A notable and noteworthy contribution to a magnificent AAR, indeed!

Hope to see you continue to use these talents in the future with your own work.

Rensslaer

Congrats are indeed in order, Stuyvesant. That was some great character writing! Well done. :D

Stuyvesant said:
This is an unexpected honor! I'll happily accept, realizing all the while it's bending the rules a bit (seeing as I wrote that post months ago). Thanks all for the well wishes and particularly thank you to Nill for selecting me for this. :)

Since I've always enjoyed Director's AARs, it seemed only fair payback to write a guest post when he approached me with that suggestion. I had been watching a lot of 'House' (the medical drama) at the time and it seemed like fun to write a character like that: someone who's so good at what he does, that he can be a total jerk and get away with it, because people need his talents. That's how Bourdelain came about. Dreaming up his complex web of subterfuge and writing it all up was a nice virtual power trip and ample compensation for my own uneventful life. :D Writing sure was fun and I might try my hand at it again some time (whenever you have A) a new AAR and B) need a guest spot and C) have a few weeks to wait for it, let me know, Director ;)).

Now that it's time to pass on this award, I must confess I'm at a disadvantage, for two (I think) very good reasons. First, my wireless hub stopped working last week, so today's the first time I could physically connect to the Forums since last Saturday or so. Secondly, the Stuyvesant househould recently expanded. My sweetheart is a perfect little girl, but like most two-week olds she has a fairly demanding schedule of feedings, cuddlings and diaper changes, which is also conspiring to keep me away from these boards. :D

As such, I feel I cannot fairly nominate anyone for this award (I've read a grand total of three posts tonight and need to turn in pronto, in expectation of nocturnal nappy changes). I don't know what the procedure is, but could someone (a mod, perhaps?) nominate a worthy candidate in my stead?

Many thanks, for both the accolades and the understanding.

Stu
Given his response, probably the person who nominated Stuyvesant might want to pick a new one, or perhaps the head of the project which is sometimes done.

coz1 said:
Given his response, probably the person who nominated Stuyvesant might want to pick a new one, or perhaps the head of the project which is sometimes done.
I was afraid you would write that! :eek:o Oh, well, I think I should wear my glasses again...

congrats Stuyvesant.

Sorry for the delay, but I think I do too much things at a time. :eek:o

The character of the week shall be Konstantinos. Well done Chief Ragusa!

Congratulations Chief Ragusa !

Congrats Chief Ragusa.

Excellent choice and a well deserving winner. Congratulations Chief Ragusa :)

Many congratulations Chief!