• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations sir. I have only just started to read your AAR and I have only one word...impressive.

It's about that time, and I've enjoyed a chance to make up for lost time by reading many fine tales in AARland. I tried real hard to find a new face, and there are many promising stories that will surely earn an award once the story becomes more developed. So perhaps it was nice that I helped break the one-time award barrier and can now consider many of my favorite authors on the list. The one I picked is an author I look forward to reading a lot. He's easily one of the best and certainly the most modest. His tales are riveting, and he weaves characters like an expert seamstress. And thankfully, he's been updating recently.

And so, for excellent noble warriors like Leonides and now the surprisingly vicious Ariana, I hand this award over to Amric, and like VJ does with me, I encourage Amric to use this award as a subtle reminder to get back to work. :D

Congratulations Amric great work :)

Very nice pick! Congrats Amric. So very well deserved.

Congrats Amric! :)

Congrats Amric.

Indeed, sir, you deserve this award as much for your descriptions of your memorable family as for your great AARs! Congrats Amric and hope that your life isn't too insane at the moment, or perhaps if it is, that you write copiously about it ;)

Now I'm off to catch up on some of your AARs ... you know, the ones about computer games ... :D

Truly a well deserved accolade for one of the masters of the Forums! Many congrats, Amric!

Gee, I don't know what to say....:) Of course I do...I'm rarely at a loss for words...

I'd like to thank Mett for this honor. I'm kind of surprised, actually. I was recently awarded this for writing in Director's Frontier for GC2<Which btw, you should all be reading!>. So I didn't think I'd be getting this again. I'd like to say that I work really hard on my characters with lots of notes and all that jazz...the reality is that I write it on the fly, so to speak.

I know sort of what I'm going to do and then I let it flow out of my like a fountain. The characters kind of develop themselves. I really have to say that they tell me what they'll do, andthen I just write down what they tell me. I know, it sounds insane. But for whatever reason, I can remember things they have done or would do and then plug it all together. I have to say, Mett, I'm of two minds about the seamstress analogy...on the one hand I am flattered, the other is that a seamstress is female....which I am not...:)

I do recommend that when creating characters NOT to do it the way I do. I do have a character synopsis in terms of what they look like and what they do. But that is basically it. I don't put in their characteristics or anything like that. I let them develop naturally. Organically, as it were. For others it is best to write it all out and know exactly what the character can and can't do. It's a great system. For myself, I've never been able to do it. I feel constrained by that method. I'm weird. I admit it. I do it all backwards, and yet for me, it seems to work. But I don't recommend it. It's hard work, in a way.

Now that I've soap boxed the character writing award, I'll shut up now. Thank you all for your congratulations. I really appreciate it. It is nice to know that one's work is enjoyed. Having comments from readers is great, and yet when you are awarded something like this, it is wonderful as well. I'm going to have to do some serious reading and see who I will annoint when the time comes....again, thank you all!

I am doing this very early, because my motherboard is dying and I wanted to make sure I did this before it did...I may vanish for awhile in an attempt to get it fixed<aka my tech installing a new one for me...>...

So I am passing this to Thistletooth, whose Russian Doomsday AAR is quite intriguing with characters like Raisa, Inna, and numerous others. I just discovered it recently and wished I had more time to really get further into it...I'm quite impressed with the dialogue of the characters and the work he has put into this...so let's all congratulate him!