• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Jestor. Have seen the story, guess I have to go read it now. :D

Congratulations Jestor! :)

Thank you, one and all! :)

I never expected something like this. Of course, when I started the AAR in question, I didn't know it was going to turn out how it has either, but I'm enjoying writing it. I think it's the first time in an AAR where I've created a real sense of mystery about a situation or a character that isn't related to the game itself and I'm pretty darned proud of that :)

Time for me to start reading some AARs to find the next BCWotW

Vivats for Jestor, well deserved!

Thanks, Estonianzulu :)

Just to let you guys know, I haven't forgotten about needing to name next week's Best Character Writer of the Week, but I've got an event to attend tonight and some reading to for tomorrow to finish first. I don't know how long that'll take me.

It's been a great week, but now it's time for me to pass on the mantle. :)

I knew when I received the award who I wanted to give it to and for what AAR and characters, but it took me some time to find it, as much to my dismay, I haven't commented yet in one of my favourite AARs ever.

Happily, I found it, and so I'm nominating Cinead IV (sorry about not being able to do the accent mark :) for his characters Dr. Thomas Mitchell and an excellently rendered Dr. Francia (who was a fascinating historical figure in his own right) in the simply exceptional Rise of the House of Lopez - A Paraguay AAR

A narrating character readers can empathize with is important to any story and you pulled that off beautifully with Mitchell, who reminded me immediately of Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula in some ways. Congratulations and keep up the great work! :)

Congratulations Cinéad IV !

Very many congratulations indeed!

Cheers Jestor, and thank you everybody else for your congratulations!

Wow, I wrote that AAR so long ago that I'd almost forgotten about it. It's good to know that there are still people reading it and enjoying it, it really does justify the effort. As you'll all know, writing an AAR can take a helluva lot of effort, and well.... appreciation is always appreciated!

And incidentally, I see the resemblance between Mitchell and Harker. Indeed, in some ways, looking back, I rather wish I'd kept him in the story longer, or given him another part to play later on. But, such is the benefit of hindsight!

I shall start reading to find out who merits my own nomination :D

CMcU

Congrats Cinead IV. Now I have to go into the dusty archives to find this lost jewel...or...I suppose I could just hit your linK. ;)

Well done Cinéad IV, congratuatlions :)

Much apologies for the delay gentlemen, I've been working like a blue arsed fly this week, so I haven't had time to do much reading.

I probably shouldn't do this, given that the award has already come his way, and quite recently, however I'm nominating Hajji Giray I's Guy Marlborough as best AAR character.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274970

Not only has Hajji created a lifelike and entertaining detective around whom to base his story, but the writing of the story itself is second to none. He's also been good at one thing which scuppers so many AARs: keeping us supplied with updates.

Congratulations! (again)

Looking at first post, there seems to be no time limit that has to be passed after winning to win it again so congratulations, Haiji!

Congratulations Hajji !