• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations my friend. It is well earned.

Congrats Canonized!

It seems like this is your week :D

Congratulations Canonized! :D

two AArwards at once! lucky you.

well deserved, of course.

Wow , what can I say ? Two awards (well three , since I count my red cookie as one too XD) in one week along with getting finals studying done (yep , I'm all finished XD) along with scoring a post-finals date with this girl I know (actually .. well .. no I'll talk about that some other time , some other place XD) all seems almost too much good stuff to handle . I just hope I don't break my neck with my head getting too big ! XD

Joking aside , I'll be serious for a bit here . The first honour of thanks goes to General_BT . Although he doesn't come around the thread as often as I wish he would (I like to chit chat , you know =P) he nonetheless has a punctuality of style and intention , I think . What I mean to say is , General_BT , I am convinced , was a lucky find for us at the Tempus Society . Scouted out by English Patriot , BT has been a rising star in the CK sub-forum and has written excellently . Not only is his history impressive , but his fine attention to character detail is relentless and prudent simultaneously . I couldn't agree enough that his portrayal of Nik was and continues to be a display of his great skill and I am proud to call him a colleague in Tempus . And good grief , when he doesn't have a lot of work going on , he updates like a fiend XD . What more could you ask for ! But , again , thank you so much for this honour , BT .

As for Thomas Royce ; I suppose to carry on the tradition I should say a little bit about him . Many of those who have already caught up know he's not as 'talkative' you could say (haha) in Season II , but I tried my best to establish Tom both as a surrogate for the audience in this world you all do not live in but that he has to go through every day as well as all the mysterious and dangerous things that happen to him, but furthermore , I hoped that he would also encapsulate the choice humanity must make and the maturity we all must endure as we go from boys to men .

My favourite instances of writing about him probably revolve around his interaction with Rodrigo especially how their relationship has evolved from gamer friends and almost rivals to a deeper friendship . Part of it is that I projected a lot of my real life friendships into the dynamic . The wish that certain people would learn to get along with each other is part of my thematic intuition as far as Thomas goes .

As far as the other characters go ... well , funny story actually . At first I thought that perhaps if i won this award it might have been because , as rens pointed out , the interaction between Antonio and Isabella , or , perhaps more interestingly about everyone's favourite Panzerkardinal -- writing about his experience of saving the tabernacle still actually makes me cry when I re-read it . That may sound a bit arrogant , but it's rare I get a chance to talk about my characters and I just wanted to be honest about my feelings about them .

In any case , since I've already thanked most of the readership in the showcase thread for making Timelines a success , I thought I might mention a few individuals who have helped form the characters . My first thanks goes to a not so active forumite Swiftthistle who I had commissioned two pieces of art from . He's definitely helped to shape the conception of these characters .

I'd also like to thank my real life friend Tom for inspiring the Tom in the story as well as all my other real life friends who have contributed to my consciousness . Haha , I almost thought about thanking professional Warcraft III gaming and old 80s movies , 80s/90s Sega™ games , and Japanese drama idols for providing some inspiration too , but that's a bit out of the domain of this post .

As far as character inspiration goes in the forums . One of the deficiencies I had was that I didn't have a chance to read other AARs before I started Timelines so the boat kind of already left on that one . Though , I have to say that the way I treat the characters I also owe some of it to grayghost and his Manchurian Candidate AAR . Through his gripping noir dialogue it helped me to add more hard boiled aspects to the characters of Timelines . So thank you for that .

Oh , duh , let's not forget Mr. Woodhouse , JM , Declan (Hardstuff) , for inspiring characters as well XD Cameos are fun , but actual characters you re-use are even more fun ! So thank you again and I will be looking out for characters out there to name for the sake of their author and AAR and hope to find another good catch ! Thanks again !

Last edited:
Haha a good character AND an impressive acceptance speech!

:D :D you rock, rock.

I think you should get an award just for the two acceptance speeches you wrote, they're long enough to be stories of their own. :p

But, congratulations again, the award really speaks to your whole volume of vibrant characters. And yes, the tabernacle scene was quite moving. :)

Man, two awards in one week? Don't worry Armi, I'm comin. Dave, break out the forklift. Armi has just won two awards in one week and there is sure to be siginificant swelling. Stat man, he will hardly be able to support the gigantic thing. :D

Congrats buddy!

Congratulatoryations, canonized! :cool:

And a belated congrats to General_BT, as well. :)

Congrats canonized! :)

Two awards in one weeks, well it is certainly deserved.

Well done canonized :)

Tis Sunday night and it is time once more to pass along this wonderful award and lastly say how much I do adore the great support for this young , learning bard who has so much in great enjoyment fed upon the help to make this task less hard . So then , before I make my way to bed , another shall I name to take this crown and hope to place it thus upon his head .

Though some might say that he is just a clown , like Shakespeare's fools he fools the others best and in great comedy the readers drown . But who is this that I have made the test to see if he should get this writer's gold and in succeeding rise above the rest ? Indeed , it is none other than that bold young man who with his trusty pet does write (though some might say that he is rather old) .

Without more stalling I shall shed some light upon our latest winner here right now, but if you guessed Kurt_Steiner, you'd be right !

Kurt_Steiner , Steiner , Kurt , come take your bow ! I hope this festive moment warms your heart and may this week be fruitful for you now !

But who could say that I forgot my part to name that one in his great work who is the reason this award is giv'n. "Thou art !" I can exclaim. Indeed, the one is his own self who stars within this funny tale.

Great action and adventure with this wiz who , though is not without his pet , regales in ref'rence of both old and new to say . And pointing to his mates he does not fail but brings them all around like some buffet of roasted chum and very honoured friend, and in good jest , of them , he does portray.

So now that we , indeed , have reached the end , I cannot help but thank my hardy peer of whom tonight I have most joyly penned;

Though , of his work , there is some need to fear for once engrossed in his great piece, you're ours!

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Clicketh Here

And, Kurt, I hope you keep up all your AARs and take us to the very place of Stars .

Congrats!

----

And Armi - wow, that's rather poetic a dedication. Almost epic, dare-I-say!

Last edited:
Congratulations, Kurt_Steiner :)