• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done Hajji Giray I, congratulations :)

Congrats Hajji, very well deserved

I regret I've not yet been able to get into the Guy Marlboro story, but I remember the Hussite story (whose name I cannot, though, remember), which was excellent!

Congratulations, Hajji!

Rensslaer

Congratulations Hajji Giray I. I have seen and heard of the Guy Marlborough mysteries but have as of yet not had time to read them.

Hm Deja Vu :p , well congrats Hajji! :D

I feel like this has happened before! :D

Wow, I'm honored and surprised and perplexed each about twice as much as I was a few weeks ago when Guy Marlborough took home his first prize. Thank you very much, Cinéad, and rest assured our detective's adventures are far from over (in this first installment...). I'm a little embarrassed because of this line:
He's also been good at one thing which scuppers so many AARs: keeping us supplied with updates.
because lately I have been falling terribly behind. Perhaps an update tonight will bolster my self-confidence.

Last time the neatest part was not being king of the hill, but getting to pick the next one. So I thank you most of all for forcing me to expand my reading and find another wonderful character writer to honor next week. :)

Thanks everyone and I hope to see you in the Guy Marlborough thread!

Rens - it was Hussite Lament :) . That work and this new one have something in common; they are character-driven mysteries. That's primarily because I love Agatha Christie's plotting, but hate how the suspects are always a major, a doctor, two young lovers, etc. Recently I've been reading another master, P.D. James, and the suspects are all fascinatingly real people, but the detectives are stereotypes. So ... I decided to give the genre a try. Mysteries are buckets of fun to write - as Storey knows!

Last edited:
Outstanding! Congratulations Hajji! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I knew him before he was famous :D

Congratulations again!

Congrats Hajji Giray I!

Congrats again.

noobermenschen said:
I knew him before he was famous :D
is this what fame feels like?!

Thanks once again everyone for the comments congratulations etc., though looking back I have to ask Cinéad: what is a blue arsed fly? :D Guess now that you've said I regularly update ... I should go write an update ...

Didn't have to look far to find a successor: this week's winner is one of our greatest character writers, a non-native speaker whom I said (in the Guess-the-Author) must certainly be a native speaker, a man whose current epic has given us an armful of great characters in two very different centuries. And yet he's never won this award before! Now we finally can celebrate the character writing of Nil-the-Frogg for No, it's probably not Chicago.... Though it's hard to pick one or two characters to cite, I'll go with the two featured stars of this week's update, Pinelvy and Hitchgins. Their confrontations are priceless! :)

Congrats Nil!

Congratulations Nil !

Congrats Nil :)

Congrats Nil